Quick engine mount question

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
phuphyter
Car: 2002 Infinity G20

This may sound silly, but how many engine mounts are there for the ka24de in a '94 altima? And where are they located in general?

AFAIK there's the Rear, Front, Passengers side (front, right correct?) and the tranny mount. Is there a driver's side (front left?) Or are the driver's side and tranny mount the same thing? I would go look right now, but my mom has the car.

If you're wondering why I'm asking this it's because my dad's replacing the "driver's side" engine mounton my mom's altima. So what does he do? He calls up the dealership and it comes out to 70+ bucks! I can get a waaaay cheaper price from our sponsors. I just need to know what part to get.

thanks

NISTECH

there are 4 mounts as you state. one on either side of the engine[as if you were riding the engine like a horse] then there is the one on the right fender well that connects to the front cover area of the engine then one under the air cleaner assembly mounted to the trans.

the most common one to go bad on those is the one on the right fender well. it tends to soften up and allow hurendous vibration throughout the car at and just off idle.

phuphyter
Car: 2002 Infinity G20

i already swapped them out for new ones. thanks for taking the time to respond though.

i noticed that the right engine mount wears out faster than the rest too. thanks for the info.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”