Questons on factory speakers and HU

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Dano08
Car: 2011 Nissan Titan

Hello all 2011 Nissan Ttan SV owner here I have the standard 6 disc stereo with 8 stock OEM speakers. By Nissan standards this stereo is poor.

I was wondering if anyone knows or has done the following to improve the sound. I really dont want to replace the head unit or speakers. I dont need to shake the entire city I just need a little better than what is standard equipment.

1. Are the stock speakers the same for the Rockford system as they are for the standard 6 disk changer 8 speaker system? I am figuring they are the same except for the sub which is included on the Rockford system.

2. Does anyone have the specs on what speakers are installed ohms and watts etc the dealer tells me they are either infinity or JVC, and he does not know which or any more information.

3. I am considering adding a low powered amp which will feed all the speakers and an eight to ten inch sub woofer to improve bass. Has anyone done this? Can the OEM speakers handle an amp?

Any information is appreciated I drive long distances and anything I can do to improve the existing system without breaking the bank or replacing everything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dan

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

1. Not sure. I would imagine that the rockford ones are nicer though.

2. They definitely are NOT JVC or infinity, most likely clarion, and nothing special at that.

3. Amp won't really do much for the sound that you have, just make it a little louder.

Your best bang for your buck is going to be putting new speakers in. A decent set of separates up front will completely change the way that the car sounds. You can leave the stock rear speakers, since they don't do much for the overall sound.

Dano08
Car: 2011 Nissan Titan

Converted Thanks followed some of your advice and glad that I did I obtained the sound I was looking for, heres what I did in case this may be helpful to others considering some sort of upgrade.
I had a local radio installer install the following.
New door speakers Front and Rear, a 10 inch sub with custom Titan box. A 300 watt amp which really works out to about 50 watts a channel I believe. Whatever the case plenty of clairity and loudness. In fact probably too much bass an 8 inch sub would probably be sufficent for my taste (however to get the one I wanted it would have been a special order so I went with the 10 inch which was available. BTW the Sub, amp and the door speakers are all Rockford Forsgate.

This is what I learned that the existing speakers are not stamped with a brand name other than Nissan and a number. However for those who may be considering adding an amp or some other improvement without changing out the factory speakers my door speakers are marked as follows.

20 Watts 2 OHMS are in place in all the Door Mid range speakers and as Converted stated are definately NOTHING special. The magnets are not very large and around the cone is foam rubber.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”