questions regarding 2007 pathfinder BOSE radio?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
chrispath

I was wondering what SSV MODE means and what setting should i have it on? Also is it normal for the subwoofer to sound low and muffeled?

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

SSV controls the volume depending on the level of road noise detected. Subwoofer should be low.... but muffled? i dont know. What kind of enclosure is it in?

chrispath

sorry i meant low regarding the subwoofer. so that is normal then, it's the stock subwoofer that came with vehicle. so i don't experience alot of road noise should i keep the seeting on medium or high? thanks

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

SSV stands for Speed Sensitive Volume. Sorry Fueler, but it has nothing to do with actual road noise.There should be 4 settings, if I remember right: None, low, medium and high.The radio volume goes up and down as the car increases/decreases speed. The idea behind it is that the perceived volume is always the same, regardless of your speed. It's actually a very good system. To set it up for your needs, start off with the setting at medium. If you find that you don't have to adjust the volume as you go faster, then you're in business. I have it on my '06 Altima, and I think it's great.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

ahh i see. harley davidson has the same setup on their newest bikes with radios. So the bose is hooked up to a speed sensor of some sort?

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

That's basically correct. The volume increases and decreases a preprogrammed amount according to speed and setting.The reason there are 3 settings (other than off), is that you don't always drive with the windows up, or down, or whatever.You would set the SSV to high if you are driving with the windows down...to compensate for the wind noise. Conversely, you would probably set it on low with the windows up.For example, in my case, if I have the sun roof open, I set it to high, and it compensates perfectly. I'm somewhat of a gadget lover, so I think it's really neat.

chrispath

Buzzman wrote:That's basically correct. The volume increases and decreases a preprogrammed amount according to speed and setting.The reason there are 3 settings (other than off), is that you don't always drive with the windows up, or down, or whatever.You would set the SSV to high if you are driving with the windows down...to compensate for the wind noise. Conversely, you would probably set it on low with the windows up.For example, in my case, if I have the sun roof open, I set it to high, and it compensates perfectly. I'm somewhat of a gadget lover, so I think it's really neat.
thanks for all the info BUZZMAN and Fuler, i usually drive with the windows down so i'll set it to high... again thanks!!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”