Questions on getting started on a 2k Sentra SE

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
ChantryC
Car: 2000 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SE

I have a 2000 Sentra SE which I am planning on having some fun with. Right now everything is factory on it, but I'm hoping to change that soon. I've got about 190k on this engine, so maybe I should start by replacing that, but since the most extensive work I've done on a car is replacing the AC compressor, I don't know where the best place to start would be. I am funding-limited, so I want to start first out of neccesity, and then for performance.

List of things that I'm needing to change soon is shocks and clutch, so maybe the best place to start is coilovers and a lighter flyweel, but should I skip that and go straight for exhaust and turbo?

Any tips/ideas for me?

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

I say put a I/H/E on that motor. SR's are normally reliable high mileage motors, if taken care of properly. I definately say get the suspension setup like you want before you go with the extreme go fast goodies. I believe Tein is selling a nice coilover setup for the b15. As far as the flywheel goes, I wouldn't go to light, especially if you plan on a turbo ride in the future. As far as teh clutch goes. I would definately go ahead and put in a decent clutch that can hold some power now, so that you won't have to do it later on, if you do decide to put a turbo motor in there.

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”