Questions following an accident.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
l1011driver
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa

Hi all, first post.

I was recently in a fenderbender, I drive a 2011 Versa hatchback. The collision wasn't too severe but it did involve my rear bumper coming off. So, I had no alarms or warning lights, no leaking fluids and the car drives just fine. Basically I popped the bumper back on and drove the car home. Now the accident happened in the day and when I took a look at the car the damage was pretty much ONLY the rear bumper. Fast forward to tonight, I'm leaving for work and I notice none of my dash lights come on, the lights on the shifter don't come on and my tail lights are dark. Headlights, turn signals, high beams and brake lights work normally. Just Dash/console lights and tail lights. Upon further inspection I did notice what looked like two wire's with probes hanging unattached to anything. I'm thinking the problem starts there. But before I start messing with stuff, I want to know from any of you guys who may have had experience with this type of situation or simply have a much better understanding of the cars wiring than I do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Where are these wires hanging from? The rear of the car? The dash? What color are they? Here is a good place to start:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2011/

Go to the "lt.pdf" link, and then look for "tail light" (page 74) and "Illumination" (page 109). If you can makes heads or tails of it, that should be a help.

Good luck!

gsf1200s
Car: 1993 J30 (no longer with us)
2012 Nissan Versa
2003 Chevy Silverado
2003 Suzuki Bandit
1971 Honda CB750k1

you'll need to trace the wires to verify where they should be plugged, but the symptoms make sense. Dash and interior lighting is usually on the same circuit as the tail lights, that way if something shorts or gets fried you will know it.

l1011driver

Okay thanks guys.

txchamps,

The wires were hanging out the back, kinda where the license plate would be (with the bumper off).

l1011driver

Problem solved.

So apparently there is a 3rd a slightly more mysterious fuse box just beside and beneath the battery on the drivers side of the engine compartment. I popped it open a while ago but there were a bunch of wires hanging from it and I figured that it wasn't what I was looking for. Also it doesn't help that it isn't labeled. Anyway, I reset the fuse in question and everything works fine.

Return to “Versa General Chat”