Questions before a buy

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
mfax
Car: 1990 Cadillac Allante, 2001 Cadillac STS

I'm torn between a GS 300 awd and M35x. I'm used to a touch screen nav, and was looking for thoughts on the GS's interfaces. Also does it have rainsense wipers or do the wipers just change with the speed of the car? Last question, does the passenger seat have memory or just the drivers?

I'm going to go look at the M this Friday, anything else I should think about?

On all issues the M35x is the car....

Thanks

littent
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x Journey/Tech package, Ivory Pear ext, Graphite/Rosewood Int

I picked up the M at the end of August and I'm so glad I did. This thing turns heads wherever it goes. Be it on the highway or at the mall. I get compliments even at Walmart lol... The GS in my opinion looks like a Toyota Avalon and it's very easy to confuse the two. Not one person that I've talked to has said "You'd be better off with the Lexus." I dunno, take it for what it's worth but I'm so glad I bought this car =)
Modified by littent at 4:08 PM 9/20/2005

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO, guys!

Mfax, I think you will be very satisfied with the M35 or the M35X. The GS300 is simply no comparison at all, from what I remember from having driven one a few years ago!

One of the recent issues of Consumer Reports has ranked the M35 as the best car that in that class! The article is simply an awesome read. EDIT: Here is the link to that thread that I posted earlier: zer...25291.

I cannot comment on the questions you asked inre the GS, but I would be very surprised if it comes even close to the M35 in its capabilities! Yes, the M35 is probably a bit more expensive, but it is worth it!

Z

ocm45
Car: M45 Journey/Nav Liq plat

Of course, you have to decide for yourself. I looked at both cars but for me it wasn't even close. IMO the M was hands down better looking car. The GS may have slightly nicer interior material and fit, I liked the M's interior much better as a whole. It seems "cooler", more fresh, it just felt right for me. The GS's interior, on the other hand, seemed less exciting and even a bit effeminate. Perhaps most importantly, the M's driving experience is MUCH more fun. I have zero regrets with my M45.

Paul

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

ocm45 wrote:Of course, you have to decide for yourself. I looked at both cars but for me it wasn't even close. IMO the M was hands down better looking car. The GS may have slightly nicer interior material and fit, I liked the M's interior much better as a whole. It seems "cooler", more fresh, it just felt right for me. The GS's interior, on the other hand, seemed less exciting and even a bit effeminate. Perhaps most importantly, the M's driving experience is MUCH more fun. I have zero regrets with my M45.

Paul
Welcome to NICO, Paul!

Glad to see you here and thanks for your observations!

Z

SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

I LOOKED AT THE LEXUS ALSO AND TWO THINGS BOTHERED ME. FIRST WAS THE ARMREST ON THE DOOR HAD AN INCLINE WHEREAS THE M HAD A NICE FLAT ARMEREST. SECOND WAS LEG ROOM...I'M 6'2" AND CAN EXTEND MY LEFT LEG ALL THE WAY OUT IN THE M...I GOT THE 2003M45

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I'm glad to hear that everyone is enjoying their new M and has no regrets.

I pop in here everyonce in awhile and salivate over these cars. I have to get one once my G is paid off.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I find it hard to belive that the GS has better interior materials, thats interesting...

I dont really get some of these new features, but even though the M is a litlte more expesive i find it hard to believe you could possibly go wrong.

Infiniti>lexus!!

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Hi,

I'd love to throw down an opinion here, as I have owned a GS300. It was a 99', so I can't make a ture comparison to my new 06' M35 sport.... BUTI really liked my GS300, like everyone always says about Lexus, fit and finish are fantastic, BUT without a doubt the car lacked soul in road manners. You were totally isolated from the road.

On the other hand, the new M35 has fantastic fit and finish, and you really interact with the car, at least with the sport model you do. I was driving it tonight with some really good jazz playing, all interior lights off, and my wife wasn't there. I WAS IN HEAVEN. Anyway, either car is good. Good luck on your purchase.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

larry.contrisciano wrote:I was driving it tonight with some really good jazz playing, all interior lights off, and my wife wasn't there. I WAS IN HEAVEN.
You know, there is honestly no better feeling than a nice night time drive with some smooth jazz playing (might I suggest XM channel 71), and just you and the road. That has to be my favorite way to clear my mind.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Ev_eezy wrote:You know, there is honestly no better feeling than a nice night time drive with some smooth jazz playing (might I suggest XM channel 71), and just you and the road. That has to be my favorite way to clear my mind.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”