Question

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
lkp730
Car: EX35 RWD

How many in here have the EX35 AWD? I am in the middle of purchasing an EX35 but I am undecided between the AWD and the RWD. I don't know how good the AWD system is for the Infiniti. I am used to the AWD system for the Acura RL and that system is by far the most advanced system on the market as far as I know.

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

I own an AWD and it is a RWD (80%) and AWD (20%) of the time and this is ideal. the snow feature works great, got me out of a foot of snow nicely last week. the VDC when off has also responded very well when I tested the car in a muddy hole. I tested an RDX and owned a 2005 MDX prior getting the EX. The new Accura drive train system is excellent but it's the left/right power distribution that add's to the RDX performance in curves - for the rest the Infiniti EX35 does a great job. Slaloms ain't my fancy.

Still no comparative tests involving the EX with the RDX and X3 yet but I figure it will hapen soon. I monitor the top 3 car sites daily.

I just want to add that RWD rules the 0-60 and saves 20% fuel consumption compared with AWD and FWD.

ciao for now

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”