Question on mods

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
justin825

hey i just got a g35c and was wondering what all the mods really do to the car in terms of hp and torque. Doesit add a lot to your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and around how much does cost and finally is it hard to install? thanks guys in helping a noobie out

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Justin,Welcome to NICO. Your questions are kind of broad. Were you looking at certain types of parts?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Wow, that is a loaded question there Justin. Is there anything specifically that you would like to know more about or just everything that there is for the car?

There are several different intake mods right now which seem to range between $250-$450. Most claim to produce 5-7hp gain, which when factoring drivetrain loss, doesn't equal much. The biggest thing that these mods will do in my opinion is produce a little bit louder sound above 3500 rpm.

Of course exhaust, which again will yield some gain, but nothing too substantial. And the price usually ranges from $750-$1200 from what I have seen.

Headers will produce a nice gain, much more so with a new exhaust than just by themselves. Again prices range similar to exhaust.

An ECU upgrade is a nice mod in my opinion. It will produce some nice performace gains all around. Check out the Technosquare site for more info on their ECU upgrade for the G coupe. http://www.technosquareinc.com/g35.htm

You can go with a supercharger or turbo kit, but those will cost at the very least $7000.

scruffy63
Car: my nissan 240sx

others might disagree with me but my clutch made gave me a huge gain. it makes me quicker(street racing of course) and no I can burn out all through first and chirp second.:)

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

scruffy63 wrote:others might disagree with me but my clutch made gave me a huge gain. it makes me quicker(street racing of course) and no I can burn out all through first and chirp second.:)

A clutch can't give you more HP. It really only makes a difference if your prior clutch was having a problem holding the power you had. Either your old one was worn and slipping or you exceeded the clutch's limit for holding torque. Being able to burn out doesn't mean you are making more power. Any clutch in good working order and used with a motor that is within it's rated capacity should be able to burn out and chirp second. It's not hard on just about any car to rev the motor and dump the clutch to spin the wheels. The flywheel can carry a lot of momentum and cause the wheels to spin. Especially on crappy tires.

scruffy63
Car: my nissan 240sx

I didn't mean a gain in HP. since I got it, i've been alot quicker off the line.it engages alot faster than a stock clutch(b/c of a heavier pressure plate I believe.)but my old clutch wasn't slipping I had a bad throw out bearing but I still couldn't chirp second.butthat was just my opinion.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have read some recently that the torque converter on the auto's is a great mod and one of the best for the money.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”