question on interrior HELP!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
klorocks
Car: paintball, skydiving, airsoft, driving - ya know anything for a thrill

Ok, I bought a set of white faced guages about two months ago and never had them installed, wanted to do them myself. Ive been stalling because I painted my plastic piece that go around the guages years ago and remember having to get another friend to work with that black piece that goes around the top of the steering column (truth is i didnt want to break it)Well, today i tried to work with it, and wow, what a idiot i must be because its cracked now.Anyone got any tips for me on how to get it off? Its the black piece that holds the up-down switch for lights, hazards, rear defogger, dimmer.

:dunce i wanna hit myself for cracking it

Sorry if this isnt where this post goes, but i dont really know if you want to call this a tech question, so i put it here, where a lot of people look first

djsky717

Drop the steering column. There should be either 2 or 4 bolts underneath that hold the steering column up. Hope this helps.

Trung

klorocks

ill give it a shot, thanks

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

yup, you have to drop the cover that would be above your knees... I think 4 or 5 screws.then there are 2 14mm bolts that hold the column up, take those out and push the damn thing down as far as you can (it has springs)..also tilt the wheel down as far as possible.

-Dan

klorocks

thanks guys, thats it.does anyone have a link to an aftermarket site that might sell that black piece, because i dont want to break the bank at the dealerWish i woulda asked b4 i went and acted, oh well, live and learn.Wanna know somethin funny, my friend actually got that piece off without moving the column. If anyoune is ever doing this look how hard that is. I think it would be easy if it werent for the adj. steering wheel lever.THANKS AGAIN GUYS

AunVoh

you can always try http://www.car-parts.com they have alot of neat stuff.

klorocks

so what do you think i would call that piece, if describing it to a parts carrier?

Xeromist
Car: Cars, Music, Computers

klorocks wrote:so what do you think i would call that piece, if describing it to a parts carrier?
Steering column top cover? If you're looking on car-part I think it would be classified as interior-misc.

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

i say gauge cluster area cover thingmabob

or I could look in my FSM to see what it is actually called ;)

omg... I just looked . it has a diagram of the entire instrument assembly in a billion pieces with labels on most everything.

one of the pieces that isn't honored with a label just happens to be that piece.....

sorry, no help from nissan ><

-Dan

Reklaw

Or even better, stop by your local junk yard. I picked up a gas cap, glove box and two rubber gaskets cheap today. It's cheaper and you get to take the parts out yourself! Actually, now that I"m talking about it I have to share the experience. I live in Charlotte and this guys has a junk yard for just nissans! 300zx and 240sx were everywhere. I was in heaven!

klorocks

it really sux because i ahve been through three or four junckyards around here, and have found 0 240s

Jubs180

maybe we can work something out.I am going to the junk yard here pretty soon to pick up a few parts and I know they have about 4 or 5 240smessage me on aim about what you want to do.

-Dan

rbboyl

Jubs180 wrote:maybe we can work something out.I am going to the junk yard here pretty soon to pick up a few parts and I know they have about 4 or 5 240smessage me on aim about what you want to do.

-Dan
Why is the private messaging disabled?? Oh well, I'm gonna have to go off topic then and ask you jubs, how much total did it cost you for ur obx muffler and 2.5 in piping? I assumed you bought the muffler separately and had a shop put the pipe in? Is it mendrel bent?

Jubs180

aim - juntadanicq - 11298932email - [email protected]

the exhaust cost me 90$ on ebay. pretty good deal i think :)it is really loud without the silencer in, but sounds awesome :)

the 2.5" i had a muffler shop near me do... install of the new muffler, weld new hangers, not mendrel, but regular bent pipe from the cat back (the guy did a nice job on it) cost me 120$

-Dan

Jubs180

here is a pic of the muffler on my car (the day it was installed)my car was FILTHY then due to our road being paved, and it was raining that day, lime rock mud EVERYWHERE.. it sucked..

-Dan

i'll make a movie clip of the sound if wanted.

rbboyl

You are my hero, :p . You actually did the exact thing I wanted to do, I just didnt have the price tag on it. Was looking at some mufflers on ebay...I dunno about some of them, I'm worried about getting a crappy generic no-name muffler. I saw an obx and a coupole jdm mufflers, so i'd probably get on of those. THanks.

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

klorocks wrote:it really sux because i ahve been through three or four junckyards around here, and have found 0 240s
That's because they're all still on the road where they belong!! You can't stop 240's!!! :ylsuper

1dollar240

just posting here so i can stop "driving mom's car". its kinda ironic actually because my mom has an eclipse and has been jealous of my 240 ever since i got it in june.

Brett

90 s13 hatch190,000 milesstockbought it for a dollar (I really did)

1dollar240

ps, i hate dsm's except for the vr4

240SXy
Car: 1993 240SX coupe

[/QUOTE]i'll make a movie clip of the sound if wanted. [/QUOTE]

Please make a clip of the sound, I would forever be in your service. And, if you could run it around 3300 rpm for a few seconds I would love you even more. (In a manly RWD sort of way)Thanks!:thumbup

Return to “240sx General Discussion”