Question - lug nuts

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Hanalei

We just bought a blue Rogue for my husband last week. We picked a very simple one: SL 2WD with kick plate and mud guards. MSRP $21,670, Invoice $20,217, bought for $20,664 and 3 free oil changes. I tried to bargain some more but could not get any more money knocked off. This is the only dealer that gave me a good price. All other dealers want MSRP. One other dealer 100 miles away wanted the same car with same options (diff color) for 20,757 (it's would be a dealer trade from my town, so by the time we get it, it would register over 100 miles) . I charged $3,000 to get $30 cash back on my Amex.

Our dealer is about 22 miles from where the car was. So by the time we got it, mileage is 122. Someone must have bought it and returned it, thus the mileage. The salesman told us that we got the lug nuts wheel lock for free because it was not included in the purchase price. I know that the SL model has alloy wheels. We test drove a different SL but did not notice if the lug nuts are standard for SL or not.

So my question is: SL owners, do you have the lug nuts in your wheels or did my salesman lie?

Also, we drove it home and the next day noticed that the front driver and passengers windows were tinted with the local tinting company's phone number. So someone bought it and tinted the windows then changed his/her mind and returned the car. We love the color though, and did not care much for having that mileage.
Modified by Hanalei at 10:52 AM 10/24/2007

rogueish
Car: 2008 Rogue SL

They are talking about "locking" lug nuts. There is a special lug on each wheel that can only be taken off with a "key" That should be found attached to the lug wrench in back of the hatch. This is to keep your wheels from being stolen. It is $79.00 from the dealership. We have that on ours so I know the whole run down. Hope that helps.

Hanalei

So it comes with the car, not an extra charge? LOL

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

No, you have to pay extra for the locking lug nuts

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

[QUOTE=rogueish]It is $79.00 from the dealership. QUOTE]

Just FYI, you can find these on-line for around $39.

-Jimmy

CTRogue

Interesting about the miles...the one I am picking up tomorrow has 300 miles on it. I never really thought much about it. Couldn't that be from test drives and driving it off the trucks during transport?

Is 300 miles on a new car a lot???

CTRogue

just called my car dealership..the Rogue was traded for another car that was 170 miles away...so it was highway miles of someone driving to the car to the other dealership. Makes me more comfortable!

amr40509

They are getting traded around all over the place right now, and the ones on the lots are getting a bunch of test drives.

The lot we bought ours off of had 1 in before it, when we drove it they had it for 2 days and it was at over 400 miles.

Ours came in to another dealer (188 miles away) with 10 miles on it, so when we took delivery it was just a bit over 200 miles.

Hanalei

Our salesman gave us a follow-up call last night. I mentioned to him about the mileage and the tinted windows. He told me that it's not a returned car and that a lot of times dealership will have the windows tinted after it's been on their lot. If they did, they did not add that to their sticker. I guess the cars are really popular and really get a lot of test drives. The silver one that we test drove had about 40 miles on it though.

Anyhow, my husband really loves it and the indigo blue is awsome. Our first choice was silver. The color samples in the dealership office are not at all the same as the real thing. Even the iridium graphite sample looks so slate gray to me, no purplish tint at all. The blue sample did not look metallic like the real color. We are so glad we chose blue. I actually searched for it in the inventory at the Nissan site and told the salesman to check into trading.

By the way, anyone in Houston that is looking, call or email Mike Sullivan at Baker-Jackson Nissan North. He is the internet manager and our salesman.

nissantech06
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

CTRogue wrote:just called my car dealership..the Rogue was traded for another car that was 170 miles away...so it was highway miles of someone driving to the car to the other dealership. Makes me more comfortable!
I know the feeling...my Sentra, when I bought it, was the ONLY one in the midwest with the options I wanted and was driven by the sales guy (close friend of mine) from Milwaukee to an hour outside Chicago.

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

My Rogue is on its way to the dealer today. That had to do a trade from Northern VT to Cape Cod, so It will have around 300-400 miles when I get it.

On the lug nuts some dealer just add them to prevent wheel theft.

I always take them off, because when you really have to change a tire in the dark, they are a total pain.

Return to “Rogue Forum”