Question for nistech

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
qmccall

I was thinking of buying a 2004...350z....I have read plenty of people of other sites ....complain about the tire wear problem and a few clutch and noise problems...........being that you work at the nissan dealer......how has nissan addressed these issues? is there a fix pending? what changes will be in the 2005 to address these issues that you maybe currently aware of? thank you.........

NISTECH

First I would take a 350Z in a heart beat. Prefferably an electric blue track package. The tire were problam is being addressed on the current model by a simple toe adjustment. And tire replacement if neccesary. The clutch noise has not been a problem at my dealer but a third gear shift problem was and a new trans with upgrades and a clevis upgrade were made to resolve it. I honestly think the 05 Z will be dialed in as far as quality goes. But I highly recommend a track or roadster model as they are the most fun to drive for me.

qmccall

oh ok.........however is the taking out all the toe out........is that working? i am still reading that the tsb fix is not working....how you found that to be the case? do u notice any difference in the ride between a 03 and a 04 with the euro tuning suspension?

NISTECH

No I dont notice much of a difference, but I dont really get to push these cars to limit to much. We have this thing going on for a yr on the highway right next to where I work called maximum enforcement Where the highway patrol are using an aircraft to do speed traps so lately I havent had the oppertunity to push the 04. When we got the 03 though I found the track held the road very well.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”