question for canadians

Including Japan, Australia, Canada, and others.
3ne boi
Car: S14

I live in New York and i am interested in getting a canadian drivers liscence so that way i can import and register a nissan silvia which would be possible due to your 15 year importation law. My question is if there is any way possible for me to keep my NY state liscence, plus obtain the canadian liscence. In other words, I don't want to give up my NY liscence. I know a few people in Canada so I am not worried about an address. I could really use some answers so if you know anything regarding my situation, please help.

D3stro

Maybe you can find answer here. There's a english version available on this link

http://www.tc.gc.ca/fr/menu.htm

And if you got the intention to come in the province of Québec (Girls are hotter over here ) , you can too consult this website.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/

Both website have an english version.

PS: We got too a 15 years law, maybe you should compare prices between a S13 Silvia bought in your states versus ours over here in Québec. If you want some jdm shop which sales cars, let me know, I'll get you some few one.

kazzxtrismus
Car: 2006 altima 2.5s

there are some of us who would be willing to help you by just arranging it from here for you and then having it put in our name, then selling it to you.

unfortunately the 2 computer systems from Ontario and NY are linked so you probly wont get away with itBUT!!!if you are not in a state that shares a border with Ontario or a Canadian province (state) doesn't share a border with your state then you can get away with both as they wont know .....just dont get caught with both on you at 1 time.

so if oyu have a canadian province sharing a border with you...go to another province to get your car.

all depends on your local laws etc

Return to “International Region”