'Question' Buying my first 720

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
clemson89
Car: 1985 Nissan 720 Regular Cab 5 Speed RWD 2.4L 4 CYL.

Hey NICOclub.

I have a friend that has a bunch of cars and he is looking to get rid of his 85 Nissan 720 regular cab 5speed 2.4L 4CYL.

The clutch and pressure plate have both been replaced. It has been lowered 4 inches and the truck starts right up and seems to run strong. He did some frame work to the truck and put a new bed on the truck.

Hes only selling it because he has to many project cars and doesnt need this one. He is gonna give it to me for 700$ which seems pretty reasonable to me, he said he has more than that put into the truck himself.

So my question is.... Is this a fair price? and what should i be looking at when driving the car and looking under the hood before buying it.

waynosworld

It's hard to find a decent running truck that is not a piece of sh*t for that, if it doesn't have water in the oil and all 5 gears work without making a lot of noise, and it will not scare everyone on the road to be near it, I would buy it if that is what you want as long as it has a clear title.
It would help to see photos of it.

clemson89
Car: 1985 Nissan 720 Regular Cab 5 Speed RWD 2.4L 4 CYL.

I am picking it up this weekend, part of my winter bonus is all it will take to pick it up. And i assume there wont be any grinding of gears as the clutch and pressure plate are brand new. I will have to look into the oil though.

Woodstock84
Car: 1983 Datsun 720
2.4L, 5sp Manual

How is the truck doing for you? I bought my 85' for 800 dollars and sold it two years later for the same price. Shouldn't have sold it but I was younger and dumber then and got a case of ooooh shiny and picked up a lowrider truck that ended up being a terrible decision

Return to “Datsun 720”