question-auto x

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
sebastianpiz
Car: 240SX

hi,i am going to autocross my car. i went to sfrscca.com and could not find out what my class can i get into. i have a stock 1995 240sx. i am trying to find out the class so i can buy the parts i need for my car for that class. please advise

thanks

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

well if its stock you can stay in a stock class... otherwise you could start modding and end up in street mod or something like that... just look up the rules and go from there

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

the SX is popular int he street touring class whihc does nto allow R compound tires, which is a big deal if you don't want to invest in an extra set of wheels and tires

[email protected]

A stock 240 is in G-Stock.

ldstang50

evildky wrote:the SX is popular int he street touring class whihc does nto allow R compound tires, which is a big deal if you don't want to invest in an extra set of wheels and tires
I'm actually having this debate with a buddy of mine right now. Last year he ran A stock in an STI, lugging his tires around every event. This year he's running STU, having spent something like $8k (maybe more) in wheels, tires, suspension, and everything else you can do is STU.I myself run Bstock with the Z. The initial set up cost is much cheaper than the street tire class, but in 2 seasons the cost of tires will catch up. Also I have to have someone take my tires for me as I don't have room in the car to take them myself.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

we're not talking prepping to class limits, and keep in mind the street touring classes were created to fit the popular mods people were doing ont heir cars anyhow, I definitely agree that stock is a better place to learn, but without R compounds it cna be frustrating

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

When you are first starting, I recommend running wherever you fit in. There's really no point in modding the car for competition if you are just starting out. Mod it how you want it.

If anything, consider getting a nice grippy street tire - you should be able to run a street tire index, so something like G Stock SK2 for your car.

Stock 240 = G stock.Minor upgrades = ST classEngine Swap & body kits = SM classBeyond = Prep/Mod

Locally in So Cal, we have a new local CST class - which is run what you brung w/ 140+ treadwear tires.

Just go to a few events first, get a feel for the people, environment, etc. It will be fun, you will get addicted, and you will probably soon realize the biggest mod you can do is fixing the driver .

almost heaven
Car: 1985 RX7

Go to this site and look at the rules and faqs. http://scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

In the rules, search on 240sx and see what classes it is typically in. Then look at the rules for those classes and see if your car and mods will meet the regs. If not, look at the next class and do the same. If you're still confused, go to the scca home page, look for the forums, and ask some questions there. I'll be in X-Prepared.

tristatesentra
Car: 2006 nissan sentra

probably STS class thats what I ran last summer like everyone else said it depends on the mods and all that other stuff

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

evildky wrote:we're not talking prepping to class limits, and keep in mind the street touring classes were created to fit the popular mods people were doing ont heir cars anyhow, I definitely agree that stock is a better place to learn, but without R compounds it cna be frustrating
there's a pretty awesome class locally that we have called AT... it is indexed similar to women's classes that i know some regions run... it is a stock only class with street tires only... great for learning

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”