Question about Uprev tuner

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
MalcolmY

Hi

After reading on their website I have the impression that the thing will work for one year only. After that I will have to pay again. Is that right?

If not, what do their liscences mean and what's the one year limit? Found here:

http://uprev.com/secure/store/tuningsys ... -tuner-203

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

'This product has a 1 year from date of purchase warranty and is not transferable.'

If you mean that, it is only the warranty on the overall product, not a license. And, if you go to the FAQ page, look at the last question on page. The answer states that the software is NOT licensed at all.

MalcolmY

But they still mention the liscense in that last FAQ:
"Yes, the UpRev Tuning Suite is an non-licensed product and requires the cable to be used. As long as you have the UpRev cable, UpRev license, or Windows based laptop/surface, you can use the UpRev tuning system on a supported vehicle. The UpRev cables have a one year warranty from date of purchase, and the warranty is not transferable. A used cable will not have a warranty."

"UpRev license", do I own that forever or is it time limited? I guess it's stupid to make it time limited but I'm hoping to see what people who used the product say.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Just like with Windows, it will be yours until they knock on your door to come in and take it back..........I myself assume the Uprev and the 'Tuning Suite' are one and the same.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”