Question about airconditiong...

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
clubhead86
Car: 04 Toyota Matrix Xr

Hey guys, first post on here, I am in the process of reviewing the Rogue before i buy it. planning on getting the BLUE SL AWD with moonroof and Bose Package.

I currently have an '04 Toyota Matrix and its time for an upgrade, my question is Does this Car Lack alot of power when the A/C is on?

This was one thing i hated about my Matrix, when i turn on the A/C, my car loses 50% of its power.

Anyone share your experiences?

Thanks

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

Maybe there was just something wrong with your Matrix? I had a Vibe and that didn't happen when I turned on the AC. That being said, the Vibe/Matrix don't have a lot of power to start with...

I haven't noticed any decrease in power with the AC on. But being in Canada I haven't had much use of the AC yet - I think it was on once or twice.

clubhead86
Car: 04 Toyota Matrix Xr

to be honest with you, i never had a single problem with my matrix, i only gave her oil changes, and typical maintenance. so i dont think its that. i just think the lack of power from this 4cylinder.

now i am very much inlove with the Rogue and hope to not have this problem.

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

Yeah thats not surprising - I had no problems with my Vibe either - just oil changes.

I don't think you'll have that problem with the Rogue, but take one for a test drive and find out.

ghettoslide
Car: '90 240sx, '91 240sx, '98 DSM, '05 Avalance

That use to be a problem, but cars today really don,t change much in power with ac on or off. The gas milage doesnt change much either. since it is a new car you should have no problem.

philipa_240sx

Fortunately most Nissan's have an automatic A/C cutoff for years now. The ECU senses full throttle/accelerator application and automatically shuts off the A/C to provide more power until it is released.

I have not driven the Rogue and tested acceleration/power with and without A/C so I have no first hand experience. However I would expect it to behave the same as my '03 Altima 2.5S which cuts the A/C under full throttle. While cruising I do notice a slight reduction in power when the A/C turns on. Even then it's not a big deal as the QR25DE has plenty of torque.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

never had an issue with power either. i test drove it with full AC on.

Return to “Rogue Forum”