Question About After LEather?

All things Altima Coupe.
pcrcool
Car: nissan coupe

Im getting a altima coupe 2011 and with cloth seats, I want to change them out for the dark red leather as shown in this image: http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-con ... -seats.jpg

I was gonna buy aftermarket leather and have the dealer do it for me, they said $1,100-$1,200 for all 4 (5 if you count the middle) seats including labor and parts.

Is that good price?

Thanks

bryce007

Wow that red leather looks awesome. I went to Nissan's website and you can add the red leather for no additional cost. So why not just buy one with the red leather already in it?

pcrcool
Car: nissan coupe

bryce007 wrote:Wow that red leather looks awesome. I went to Nissan's website and you can add the red leather for no additional cost. So why not just buy one with the red leather already in it?

NO you can not, it requires that you buy the LEather package which is about $2000 ...8(

bryce007

Oh nvm, I guess I just assumed it was the 3.5 SR 6MT, which doesn't charge extra for the leather on nissan's website.

That's crazy, adding just the leather seats on the 2.5S model changes the price from $24,140 to $30,150 because it adds the convenience, leather, and premium packages. Getting the 3.5 SR MT with the red leather is like $31,300, and that destination and handling fee (which you can usually negotiate out of paying).

The $1100 they quoted you, that's for all the leather purchased from them and installed right? That's not bad if it's the genuine OEM leather. Your phrasing in the first post kinda sounds like you'd be buying the leather and then paying them $1100 to install it, which would not be a good deal IMO.

Here's the fine print from Nissan on the Leather package:
"This package requires 2.5 S Premium Package on 2.5 S models. 3.5 SR models require 3.5 SR Premium Package on CVT models. This package is standard on 3.5 SR 6MT models."

In my opinion, the best buy is the 3.5SR 6MT because you get the leather package and premium package included.

HumbleCali
Car: Coupe 2012!

bryce007 wrote:Oh nvm, I guess I just assumed it was the 3.5 SR 6MT, which doesn't charge extra for the leather on nissan's website.

That's crazy, adding just the leather seats on the 2.5S model changes the price from $24,140 to $30,150 because it adds the convenience, leather, and premium packages. Getting the 3.5 SR MT with the red leather is like $31,300, and that destination and handling fee (which you can usually negotiate out of paying).

The $1100 they quoted you, that's for all the leather purchased from them and installed right? That's not bad if it's the genuine OEM leather. Your phrasing in the first post kinda sounds like you'd be buying the leather and then paying them $1100 to install it, which would not be a good deal IMO.

Here's the fine print from Nissan on the Leather package:
"This package requires 2.5 S Premium Package on 2.5 S models. 3.5 SR models require 3.5 SR Premium Package on CVT models. This package is standard on 3.5 SR 6MT models."

In my opinion, the best buy is the 3.5SR 6MT because you get the leather package and premium package included.
Oh Sorry no, I meant the whole deal is $1200, labor, parts, install, the leather. Yeah, its stupid how they require all those packages to do it. the 3.6 6MT model is to much $$$ for me though, that will get into the $30's....

I dont know if its OEM but the dealership said they would get it and install it so maby it is

JoeyBaggs
Car: A/C 2010 dark slate 2.5

:werd: im going that route as well wish I had enough for the 3.5 fully loaded but w.e im going with katzkin leather was thinking going medium red but figured with all these options why go with factory red so im personally thinking of black leather perforated body with red stiching something simple yet unique :mike go for it be creative though unless your really stuck on the medium red, atleast just check out your options....... im pretty sure if you google katzkins you will see katzkins2.com or something like that and it allows you to customize your seat for a visual

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”