Question about 100 Amp Fuse?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Nismo28
Car: 2002 Nissan Xterra, 2005 Nissan Frontier

I am deployed to Iraq right now and cannot remember if the 100 Amp Fuses are in the fuse box under the hood on my 02' Xterra. My wife had a problem with the truck and had it towed to the dealership, they told her the 100 Amp fuse was blown. This is of course after an $82 diagnostic, and they're telling her it will be another $101 to fix it. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

EDIT

The 100 amp fuse is under the hood in the main fuse block located just behind the Battery. The 100amp is quite large and I bet most of the cost of that repair is the fuse itself and the 15 minutes of labour plus the supply/environmental fees dealerships charge. The 100 amp fuse is ironically for the battery so when that blows, nothing works except the lights...at least according to my local Nissan Guru. Strange if that's the fuse that burned out. It could be a sign of other issues. Battery maybe? Alternator? Could be a short somewhere as well. It would be a good idea to get the charging system checked and hopefully the dealer already did that as part of their investigation of the problem. I would hope you have a reputable dealer. Don't let them snow your wife with B.S. At the very least she should get everything they did in print from the service dept so she has a record of what was done.

Good Luck!

[IMG][/IMG]

Nismo28
Car: 2002 Nissan Xterra, 2005 Nissan Frontier

After talking to her she said she did try to jump it. She said it wouldn't turn over so a friend of ours jumped it. She said the lights weren't dimmimg or anything which is normally a sign of a bad alternator. My guess is the battery isn't holding a charge anymore. Thx for the help.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”