Quest is messed up.

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Dznutts
Car: 1963 Datsun 320

Van started acting up! It will start up and run for a couple of minutes. Then dies and doesn't start anymore, just cranks and cranks.

Someone said it was the sensor by the throttle body. So we changed that, added a new air filter, and I think they bought a new throttle body also for it. But it still does it. No Luck there.

I decided to check the fuses and low and behold, I found that the o2 sensor fuse under the dash is blown. Changed the fuse. So now it starts. I let it run for about ten minutes, then it starts to bog out and then dies. Started it back up, but I had to give it a little gas to get it started. It will start and run for a lil bit then it will bog out and stumble. Got to give it some gas when it tries to die. It will eventually bog out then die.

Do you think its a bad o2 sensor? Since the fuse was blown.Or I was thinking maybe the catylic converter is clogged up?

I don't know what it could be, I ran out of sunlight today. But I'm going to mess with it again tomorrow after church. I will let you guys know what else is going on with it.

Thanks in advamce for any advice any of you guys can give... . .

Modified by Dznutts at 3:05 AM 8/30/2009
Modified by Dznutts at 3:06 AM 8/30/2009

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Sounds like you're on the right track, sorry I don't have a solid suggestion right now, but it might be helpful to report the year of your van and the mileage. Goodluck

blockmachining
Car: 08 Versa, 02 Quest, 1997 Ford F250 Supercab 4x4 Powerstroke Diesel, 1948 Dodge Pickup, 1987 Honda Su

If your cat. converter is stopped up, your exhaust pipe will be glowing red hot from the cat back towards the engine. It would have to run a few minutes before this red hot condition would show up. Have you checked the fuel filter?

Return to “Quest Forum”