San Antonio, new here. need help...

Including NV, UT, AZ, CO, NM, and TX
erk
Car: 95 nissan 240sx se

hi everybody, just got a 95 240sx se in sept. been a long time lurker, 10 years.lol. anyway heres my problem, i was drivin down the highway when i noticed the temp gauge started to overheat so i'm tryin to find a place to pull over when the car just dies out. so i let the car cool down for awhile, pour some coolant in the radiator. turned out i have a busted elbow hose on back bottom engine thats sprayin coolant. so i take it to a shop near my house so they fix the hose, well now i have coolant in the oil and looks like chocolate shake. these guys tell me i have a warped/cracked head or busted head gasket. so they give me a price to fix it but its way more than i can afford to pay right now. i was wondering if there are any experienced mad scientists here in the san antonio area that would be willing to help or that can suggest a reputable trustworthy shop.. thanx, much appreciated

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Wrong section.

You need a gasket, head bolt / studs, random other gaskets, and to have the head milled.
You should also have the lifters checked and shimmed if needed, do valve stem seals, timing chain, tensioner and guide,.

Shops will usually charge 800-1300 for this. Parts are about 450-550.

erk
Car: 95 nissan 240sx se

sorry about that. thats about the price the shop quoted me $1300

Return to “Southwest Region”