Quarter Window Issue

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
hellodave
Car: 1994 240sx Convertible Burgandy 98k miles
1994 240sx Convertible Black 94k miles

Not sure if this is a unique issue I am running into or a common one. Searched the forums but had no luck.

I have had a 94 vert for about 8 years now, just bought my second 94 vert.

On my new purchase, the rear windows will not go down/up when using the window switch. I swapped out with my other convertible switch and had no luck either.

Where I am stuck- I removed the console/armrest and unpluged where the switch plugs into the wiring. If I apply power/ground to the correct wires on the switch the windows will happily move up and down. :wtf2:

BTW, the previous owner has already done the seat belt piller removal and swapped the power windows to crank windows. Not sure if that would be related at all to the quarter (rear) windows not working with the switch.

Fuses are good.

Thanks.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hello and welcome to the site. I'd get a FSM for your car and look there. I would guess the rear window controls ran through the front window controls and power window amplifier inside the driver's side door. If that was removed, you may need replacement. If just unplugged, maybe you can put that back together. Check the FSM to verify.

http://www.nicoclub.com/datsun-service-manuals

hellodave
Car: 1994 240sx Convertible Burgandy 98k miles
1994 240sx Convertible Black 94k miles

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I will start there.

crirish06
Car: currently driving a 96 chevy truck
currently own 2 sentra's (race car)
1994 240sx convertable (under construction)
have owned 4 other 240sx's

:naughty:

I in the exact same boat as you and am loosing my mind. Help please! What worked for You? Did you get the problem resolved?

bgoodwill
Car: 92 240sx convertible

I had that problem with my '92. I found I could route around the switch UNDER the center console - there are 2 switches or relays under there. The windows no longer would go down automatically with the top, but would function from the windows buttons on the console with no problem.

It's been many years since I did this so I don't remember the exact procedure but I know it was easy. I have no wiring experience and didn't cut or splice anything - just unplug from one switch and into the other.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”