Q50s Hybrid - cabin fumes on hard acceleration / WOT ?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
atlzbest

I've searched, nothing came up. Just bought a Q50S hybrid, on hard acceleration a/c on re-circulate, windows rolled up, i have a lot of burnt smell (like being behind a diesel truck) INSIDE the cabin so much so that i have to roll the windows down to let it out. Haven't checked the exhaust if its burning oil but unlikely. This is a 2014 Q50s hybrid with 50k miles, still under bumper warranty.
Is this a known issue with a fix or something i need the service guys to look at?

Thanks

Vicellus
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid

Would you say it smells like burnt rubber or burning oil? Possibly a gasket leak and its spitting oil onto the intake? If its still under warranty, I'd bring it in.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Warranty man - go use it. Something is definitely broken. Hopefully what you're smelling isn't anything electrical burning under carpet or something. You have a lot going on in the back seat/trunk area with it being a hybrid.

Let us know what they say - I'm really curious as to what it is.

atlzbest

ok i will - thanks

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”