Q50 and Q50 Hybrid AWD opinions wanted

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
InfiniteImp

Hey everyone,

I've been researching a new car for a while and given what I want/need in a vehicle, it looks like the 2015 Q50 is the best choice. I've done a test drive in a Q50 AWD and will be checking out the Hybrid next week. So far my one major issue with the specs is the lack of a remote starter. I'm in southern Ontario and a remote starter is just SO incredibly convenient in the winter, especially the one we just had. I really want one in my next car but it just isn't an option for the Q50 so I'm wondering if I'll pass on the car or if I'll make do without the starter...

In any case, I'd like some input from existing owners of 2014+ Q50s as to what you think of it, both good and bad. Any really annoying or serious issues? Anything that you find annoying now that you have one that you just couldn't have predicted when you were buying? I've only just joined the forums so those of you who've been here a while will have a much better grip on common issues that seem to keep coming up regularly. I'd like to hear them so I can make an informed purchase.

I'm already really impressed with all the tech toys the car offers. Just about anything I can think of, it has. Plus, of course, that performance. Awesome... and that's not even having driven the hybrid... that promises to be even better.

In any case, I'll welcome any thoughts...

Thanks.

P.S. Has anyone heard anything about the 2016 Q50? Any significant changes coming?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

You can always add a remote starter.

Coming for a G37 sedan the Q50 is simply bigger. The electronics and use are great, although there are some annoyances each person usually comes up with. Infiniti InTouch which allows apps to run on the car is very limited which some complain about. Ride is a bit stiff. Paddle shifters are relatively worthless due to the gearing in the 7AT. Factory paint is soft so I would immediately suggest you get a clear bra for the nose or the car will have a crap ton of chips. Drive train itself is great as long as you put in the proper maintenance. I've noticed a bit of lag with the AWD when starting to "get on it".

I used to stay more in touch with newer models but really don't know what's coming down the pipe.

InfiniteImp

Thanks for that. I've already bought it (found another forum where I was able to get some good feedback) and it seems overall a good choice. I did my test drives and I agree, the ride is firm but I believe reasonable. We'll see after I've been driving a while. Nobody mentioned the paint so I'll have to give the bra idea some thought.

Appreciate the feedback.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I'd jump on the clear bra sooner than later. I've had one on my coupe since new and it's saved it quite well. My prior Maxima was beat to hell and the paint of my G35s sedan was also beat up really bad. I bought my Q50 as a demo with slightly less than 8k miles and I had to fix a number of chips before having the clear bra put on...I was going to have the bumper repainted but could not get the painter lined up, thus, I just touched up the chips.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”