Q45CALIBER: DID YOU EVER FIX OLD HIGH IDLE PROBLEM?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
sdkhalsa
Car: 94 Q45 06 M35

Noticed a post of yours about the end of 05' describing a high idle problem on your Q. I have a 94' Q that I just replaced the TPS on, and it now idles at about 1500 at all termperatures. Did you ever find a solution? IAC valve? Reprogramming ECU?

Q45CALIBER
Car: Black on Black 94 Q45

I had a hole in my intake manifold. When I was changing my Knock sensors I broke one screw in the manifold. Well I took the car to infinity and they tested the area to see if there was any air leaking. At that time all was fine.

So I once I started having the problem with high idle I took apart and cleaned the IAC and had all my hoses checked all seemed fine and still had the problem. I even tried to ajust the IAC and the throttle. I bought a new IAC from the deal $389.00 but I found the problem when I took the car to the mechanic to get the driver side valve covers done. We noticed after pulling the plenum that there was a hole.

It appears that the stress from only having one screw in that area of the manifold cause a crack and eventually the srewed in part to break off. I got that peace of the manifold #7 from my other Q and my baby purrs like cat women.

I suggest to you the same that was told to me: Check all of your hoses. I was told the IAC does go bad. You can try to clean it...do a couple of searches for IAC i beleive there is a post with a how too.

how this helps some.

Caliber

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Q45CALIBER wrote:I had a hole in my intake manifold. When I was changing my Knock sensors I broke one screw in the manifold. Well I took the car to infinity and they tested the area to see if there was any air leaking. At that time all was fine.

So I once I started having the problem with high idle I took apart and cleaned the IAC and had all my hoses checked all seemed fine and still had the problem. I even tried to ajust the IAC and the throttle. I bought a new IAC from the deal $389.00 but I found the problem when I took the car to the mechanic to get the driver side valve covers done. We noticed after pulling the plenum that there was a hole.

It appears that the stress from only having one screw in that area of the manifold cause a crack and eventually the srewed in part to break off. I got that peace of the manifold #7 from my other Q and my baby purrs like cat women.

I suggest to you the same that was told to me: Check all of your hoses. I was told the IAC does go bad. You can try to clean it...do a couple of searches for IAC i beleive there is a post with a how too.

how this helps some.

Caliber
VERY interesting... I may have to leak test my manifold..... i have a high idle i cant get rid of either...

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Common problem we see with home mechanics and non Nissan trained.

Too many use to cast iron parts vs all aluminum.............can you imagine magnesium/plastic parts [why eveyone with plastic plenum has gone back to metal. Japanese light armed designers and techs vs big burly Americans. No one over 140 pounds should be allowed to work on engine!

Everyone breaks some bolts on this engine until they learn to use a torque wrench and a light touch........A professional fixes the problem when they FEEL the snap.

AS we always say many problems are self inflicted!

Careful of the German: "Good n tight" method!

Meaux
Car: 94Q45, 92Porsche 968, 72Porsche 911, 89Maxima SE, 98Honda Civic, 85F150 w/95 5.0

Lesson I learned many years ago w/ Porsche lug nuts... :-)

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”