Q45 throttle body on a s2 rb25 problems.....

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
SullivanRacing06
Car: r32 gtst, 06 350z, r32 gtr, rs4 steaga, 04 350z, f350/6bt

Hello nico family, I've been away for a while but I'm back again.

Recently I picked up a 98 Nissan stagea rs4 with a s2 rb25

I installed a foward facing intake plenum, q45 throttle body, gt3582r, too mount manifold and fmic.

I retained the factory injectors, ecu, maf to start the car up and move it around untill I can buy a new clutch.

Now I notice on the s2 rb25 throttle body there are two sets of plug ins on the throttle body, the q45 throttle body has two as well. I hooked up my test light on the Rb side of the harness and found that only one of the plugs gets power. That's the one I wired into the q45 throttle body (red, black, white) and it's running dam pig rich now. Even if I totally disconnect the Tps. I can read it's sending the correct voltage at closed and wot yet it's still pig rich, any one else run into this issue or have a diagram for a q45 throttle body wiring on a s2 rb25?

Thanks, tom

G0atlif3
Car: 1990 R32 w/ S2 RB25DET Moderately Modified

i have an s2 with a greedy intake and q45 tb. I installed it over a year ago so i cant quite remember but i believe i had to re-wire one of the plugs(purple one??). if your still having trouble try to rotate the tps slightly as it picks up a signal from the throttle plate and might be to far out of tolerance. just a suggestion, cant say it will help, but let me know if it doesnt work and i will go check mine when the sun comes up.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”