Q45 throttle body? Anyone?

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
sillbeer
Car: cars and outdoor stuff

I was wondering if anyone was running a Q45 throttle body? If so how they like? I didn't know if it would be to big or not. I've heard of high hp (450+hp) cars running them. I didn't know if it would be a benefit at 350 rwhp or not. Thanks, Destin

sillbeer

Not it's not a direct bolt on. It will have to be taken to a machine shop and be welded on. Destin

SR180SX

I heard you need ECU reprogram for larger throttle body,

sillbeer

As soon as I get back home i'll be taking my car to a shop to have it tuned. I can only do so much with my power fc commander. I have an hks 2540 turbine, hpi manifold, and trust outlet pipe I just picked up. I'll be putting that on along with a greddy rspl fmic. Right now i'm running the stock intake manifold but was thinking about doing an upgrade there also. Does anyone know what the throttle body size is on the greddy intake manifold? Destin

sillbeer

There's alot of stuff on the commander that I don't know how to use. The only thing i've done with it is set it for 555cc injectors and a z32 mafs. I don't want to mess with the a/f, ign, etc.... I don't know enough to be doing that stuff right now and don't know any one else running it who will teach me. I've downloaded the manual for the commander but the stuff is all greek to me.

sillbeer

There is a program that the apexi shops have to access the power fc and can tune it a little more than just the commander.

SR180SX

If I am right, Apexi sell software so you can connect it to Notebook with more tuning capabilities.. but only in Japanese version!! very expensive too!!

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I know with the RX-7 crowd (at least the FD's) they say the Power FC is not usable for HP levels over 380-400ish.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

Greddy makes 2 manifolds, one for the stock TB and one for the Q45 unit.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”