Q45 front plate mount

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
GseaQ

Hi all,

It's been a long time. Some complications have kept me from keeping in touch like I used to. Anyway, the latest complication involves a 3 car accordian mishap in which the lead car that caused the incident fled the scene :angryfire. He was rear-ended by the car in front of me, so the fact that he would flee makes me suspicious.

So, the long and short of it for now is, I need a front licence plate holder. Anybody have one they don't need (rear plate only state or province [Que])? :help

Thanks,Glenn

GseaQ

How did that get attached to my ID?

GseaQ

Ahh, I see I'm not the only one "driving Mom's car". :D

ardvarkus

Two more posts and you're a hubcap...

No help on the front plate holder, but here is a (somewhat) related story.

In 90 I wanted to purchase a vinyl bra for the front. Colgan (sp?) was the vendor the dealer recommended, but they were not "done yet". Finally, after waiting for 2 months it arrived.

Took it home, and spent a hour or so trying to get it to fit... to no avail.

Turns out, they had used a Q which had the fron liscense plate bracket installed upside down. The 'master bra' was wrong, as was all their stock. Colgan revised it, this time only taking 3 weeks.

Still have it. Haven't had it on in years. To much hassle.

Adam

MinnyQ
Car: '95 Q45

Such a coincidence. No three-car pile up in my case, just ramming the front end into the wooden shelf unit at the back of the garage ... and splintering my plate mount. I paid I think $70 for this plastic adornment a couple years ago through Scottsdale Infiniti. Does anyone know if that is still the best place to go for these items?

ardvarkus

Beside the junk yard?

Scottsdale, the best prices and service...especially if you are on the western states.

IMHO-

Adam

GseaQ

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll keep you posted.

GseaQ

Hi all,

Someone suggested using heat (hair dryer) to try to bend the thing back into it's original shape. Well, it worked like a hot damn! Took about 10-15 minutes. Now I just need to find the right color paint for it - the light bronze trim color. I guess I'll try the dealer.

Glenn

Return to “General Chat”