Q45 Crank but No Start

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Smafugula
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

macgiver wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:13 pm
Calling Edbwoy....callimg Edbwoy ...........he's kinda THE EXPERT on that there cars AND I bet he could re-iterate what I've been saying , about yours MAYBE like my J30 - in that f/pump relay is BEHIND the little 3" x 4" fuse box "down by the kick-panel ", drvr's side & low . IF same , to get to :

1) remove little fusebox cover , simply put aside - out 'o the picture ( so you dont LOSE )

2) REMOVE that 'carpeted '/ plastic kick-panel

3) TCM IS there (was on my J )

4) REMOVE Batt. neg........NOW unbolt TCM and push-away to reveal a rubber - backed - foil pad 4" x 6" (best to have disconnected TCM FIRST !) A 10mm captive "harness bolt" unscrewed to fully remove TCM 100 ckt strip type conn.

5) NOW YOU SEE A GREEN ( GREEN , GREEN is correct ) a GREEN F/P RELAY ( MAY also be a brown one on same "yoke"/ bracket Huh ? ya... HUH ? YA ?

6) Take THAT BRAND NEW $38 GREEN DEALER / Japanese RELAY AND REPLACE OLD ONE just like DIVINE says " Don't be CHEAP ! " :lolling: :facepalm: HUH ....YA ?? :wtf2:

p.s. Neg. Battery cable back on ? , Huh ...Ya// :lolling:
thanks I’ll give it another look behind the fuse box. I was having some issues getting the fuse box off. So the relays are behind it just chilling?

Smafugula
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

fontana dan wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:28 pm
That ground cable looks fine to me.
Have you looked at the factory service manual that is available here for free? Refer to EC-323 for fuel pump control diagnosis.
No I didn’t know that was here to view. I’ll see if I can find it on here. Thanks

macgiver

The GREEN F/P relay for the '93 - '97 J30' = Part # 25230-C9965 From a local Autonation DEALER , I purchased in April this year 2023 for a WHOPPING .....$ 34.20 ( relay $ 32.20 + $ 1.00 tx ya!) . I came across rct while looking for NAPA wiper refill rct to get proper refills , Get'n rain soon here.

So.....I figured to help you best I can , giving a VERY possible and accurate part # for your situation smufugula
:cool: Good luck :yesnod

p.s. Likely same # for the Q's .....@ Dealer , IF I'm wrong ? Dealer WILL get you the right GREEN relay - yes. Basically it is NEVER good to go past an old relay AND TO START FUDGING w/ that f/p controller - horse before the cart .....Def. :chuckle:

macgiver

Lastly , beast way to BE SURE of location of relay IS WHEN DEALER part person puts the F'n picture - exploded view , LIVE & IN COLOR in front of you............................goi'n to Dealer is BEST start ! Many a mechanic - likeon lunchbreak OR just hanging @ parts counter usually a treasure trove of support as to how-to and any ' tricks' to help , ya know.

fontana dan
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

You will make a huge headache for yourself if you screw with that fuse box. Leave it alone. The fuel pump relay is in the passenger side kick panel near the ECM. Use a test light.
Its all spelled out in this manual. You could even look up the fuse and relay locations in the owners manual. Do you know how to do that? Do you know how to check for 12v? The amount of BS in this thread is currently off the charts.
https://www.nicoclub.com/infiniti-service-manuals

macgiver

That's good fontana you found out ! My instruction tho on drv's side was 4" BACK and 3" DOWN from the fuse-box itself, and never was/is anything to mess w/any part of fusebox , and my bad for not clearly indicating my intention ...Smufugula I'm sure happy to hear you chime in with ' proper ' side of car to approach , yes ! Perfect timing on your correction sir :cool:

B.S ....LOL not funny ,but true :lolling:

macgiver

What's up doc ?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”