Q45 Consult at Nissan dealer? Consult details?

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
mccluredude

Can a Nissan dealer run the same diagnostic as the Infiniti Consult? I have a hesitation off-idle that I'd like to get diagnosed but my infiniti dealer is about 50 miles away. (Nissan dealer is much closer)

I think the hesitation may be the noisy little fuel pump I hear (new one on the way from Scottsdale) but I'd like to get a Consult run since I'm new to this car. Planning the fuel pump / filter / BG cleaner this weekend. I have a service manual on it's way also, but until it arrives, I'm wrenching blind here.

What kind of things does the consult report, and what is the average cost at a dealer?

Thanks again,mccluredude

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

mccluredude wrote:1)Can a Nissan dealer run the same diagnostic as the Infiniti Consult? I have a hesitation off-idle that I'd like to get diagnosed but my infiniti dealer is about 50 miles away. (Nissan dealer is much closer)

2)I think the hesitation may be the noisy little fuel pump I hear (new one on the way from Scottsdale) but I'd like to get a Consult run since I'm new to this car. 3)Planning the fuel pump / filter / BG cleaner this weekend. I have a service manual on it's way also, but until it arrives, I'm wrenching blind here.

4)What kind of things does the consult report, 5)and what is the average cost at a dealer?

Thanks again,mccluredude

1)Yes2) Maybe , maybe not3) It'd be best to do consult before and after this, but if u only wanna do one then do after4)rich/lean, timing, error codes Q45tech will ad lotsa details when he sees this I am sure5) The cost of a diagnostic, between $45 to $180 depending on dealer+region+servicewriter and how much a particular dealership habitually includes in it's standard diagnostic.

Fred...:)

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

The question is will a Nissan Technican have any history or experience with a V8........they can deal with J30 or G20 but Q will be as different enginewise as if you brought in a Cadillac.Many of the sensors are similar as is the fuel pump and computer controlled speed, trany, etc. But trouble shooting will not be the same without hands on experience.The may have the Consult but they may not have the approriate plug in memory card for Infiniti.

Eswift
Car: should be obvious enough

ive always wondered....how much is a Consult unit? Im guessing several thousand dollars....and then there are the plug-in memory cards....anyone ever seen one for sale?

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”