Q40 Transmission Fluid Change

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
NATE_man7
Car: Q40

Ok team,

Newbie to the forum but not to cars. I just changed the fluids on my QX56. Easy job! I like the truck easy to get under and everything is big!

Now for the Q40. Like this litte beast, but want to change the tranny fluid. So I looked and saw several g35 videos on where the transmission Dipstick/fluid reservior is behind the engine but there is nothing back there on my Q40. and if there was I have no idea how I could fill that reservior if I cant get to it. So obviously I am missing something, and appeal to the wisdom of the forum gurus for guidance.

Thanks .

Nate

NATE_man7

A few views but no insight? Does anyone have the official manual for g or the Q?

Thanks,

N-

jrmotorsports55
Car: 2011 EX35 AWD Journey (wife's car)

After a certain year (can't remember which), they are sealed units and there is no dipstick. Pretty sure all 7 speeds are this way. My 08 EX with 5 speed had dipstick, My 11 EX, 12 G, and 13 G with 7 speeds did not. Pretty sure auto tranny service is dealer only.

NATE_man7

Thanks Jason!

As I understand it even with sealed transmissions the fluids can be changed by us non dealer guys, and although they dont have a dipstick there is a fill plug that sets the level.

Similar to doing a manual transmission gear change.

Anyone done this on an inifiniti sealed tranny?

BTW anyone with a manual on these?

Thanks

Nathan

jrmotorsports55
Car: 2011 EX35 AWD Journey (wife's car)

I searched and have not found anything as I am a very hands on, avoid others touching my car, type of person. I have not seen anything.

aksansai
Car: 2000 Nissan Altima
2013 Infiniti G37s

I used the following video on YouTube for reference on changing the fluid in my G37 7spd AT. Yes, I even used the ball point pen, and it worked without issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lE3lZEcaqY

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”