Put A Retrax and Bed Rails on my Titamn LE (Pix)

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
oblio98

The Retrax is sweet. Combines with the locking tailgate to make a safe storage area without a cap!

Modified by oblio98 at 4:01 PM 11/6/2004

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

That looks really clean!

Any chance of a picture of it with the cover retracted?Also, where did you buy it?

OnyxXterra

That looks sweet! Did you have the cover painted to match your truck, or did you luck out with the color? It matches perfectly. And those rails!!!! Looks great!

oblio98

Thanks guys!

No, that's the way it comes, in black. Here is a link to the manufacturer's website:

http://www.rolltopcover.com/

It was pretty easy to install. I have the Utilitrac System (or whatever it is), and the bed extender will no longer "flip" up, but I can still attach it with the top rolled back.

When I get a chance, I will take a shot or two with the thing rolled up. What is cool about it is that the sliding panel can lock in at anypoint along the track. This creates a nice brace if you are going to move something that sticks up (like a bookcase).

It cost about $800. I did not want a cap, because I like to be able to just toss stuff in the back and I did not want a soft cover because they get beat, so I found this one and bit the bullet.

I was not sure the rails would work, but they did. THEY ARE A PAIN TO INSTALL!!!

Anyway, they work great for this reason. I went from a Frontier to the Titan. With the Frontier, I could reach anything that was in the back from either side. When I got the Titan, there were things in the bed that I just could not reach. Now, with the rails, I can step on the tires and pull myself up by holding the rails and I am good to go!

Later,

:-jon

silkk
Car: 94 B13, 89 S13, 07 S2000

Wow, that looks super clean. I love Titans!

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”