Purchasing SR20DET (s15) for a BMW Swap - my story

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
cxzsaq

Hi all. I would like to use this thread to chronograph my experience with buying an SR20DET from an online seller and provider overall feedback about my interactions with each one - as well as hopefully feedback once I do buy the motor. I started looking last week and no motor has been bought. I will update this thread as things develop. ALL FEEDBACK IS ABSOLUTELY ENCOURAGED AND WELCOMED.

This is not a build thread.

A bit of history: I have a 1972 BMW 2002tii into which I would like to swap an SR20DET (s15).

The online vendors that I have found thus far and my status of communications: The eBay vendors that I have found thus far and my status of communications (these may be repetitive of the ones above):
  • md_jdm_motors >>>emailed 6/14, nothing at this time, try next month
    jdm_world2008 >>>emailed 6/14, Chris can do for $3,100 shipped, asked for tests and pics
    jdmenginescorp >>>emailed 6/14, nothing at this time, try next month, David
    torontojdm/Total-JDM/Torontojdm.com >>>emailed 6/14, have a few in stock, Karim, asked for tests and pics
    jdm-rhd-auto >>>emailed 6/23, asked for tests and pics
    jdmnewyork >>>emailed 6/23, asked for tests and pics
    japangeneralmotors >>>emailed 6/23, asked for tests and pics
    dallasjdmmotors >>>emailed 6/23, asked for tests and pics
With all my inquires, Im asking for availability, price, compression and leakdown test results and any pictures or videos they may have doing the tests.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”