Purchasing engines via eBay

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
93RPS13
Car: Cars, Girls, Cars, Food

If anyone want a legit SR engine from a Legit dealer go to http://www.srswap.com Good People

syka24et
Car: Turbo cars

StanBo wrote:I am going with a local shop. Full Throttle is their name. They have completed many swaps in the area and they do some good work.

Be careful with Kenny from there I had them do the turbo kit on my integra (before I knew How simple it was to install) and Kenny rode with me in the car and said every thing was fine. I turned up the boost and ended up bending my compressor the blow of valve was not working at all. It was the wastgate that was making what I thought was the blowoff valve sound.( I knew no better back then) The point is Kenny rode with me in the car he should have know the difference. Also they incorrectly installed my Vafc and my car would not go into vtech. Well I'm sure they have done good work but I do not mess with them anymore.

I H8 UR DSM

2nd that.

bruinbear714

That guy's my friend. We know each other. He lives like a mile from my house. We've tried everything to get the seller to ship the engine or refund the money, but he would only respond to purchase inquiries. That guy (seller) is definitely ripping people off left and right.

If any of you are in the area of of the seller in Canada please give make an anonymous call to the police fraud department and give them all the info on this seller.

serboliver

BuudWeizErr wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...08157

He's up to it again :/

Everyone call him.

His # 514.3377732

I called him, somoene answered the phone "Jspec Auto". I asked how reliable of a dealer he was, and he said very reliable, would I like references. I said no. I then told him that many people have had problems in dealing with him, and asked him why he was screwing people out of his money. He said "**** off" and hung up.

Flood the phones people, the Long Distance will be worth it :)

I H8 UR DSM

1. thats harassment...

2. no thanks...

DonDonati88

D3rELiC
Car: rotary and rwd stuff

this guy's not far from herei could check out his shop and see

bruinbear714

D3rELiC wrote:this guy's not far from herei could check out his shop and see

Yeah, please do that. And point him to this thread.

D3rELiC
Car: rotary and rwd stuff

hehehe, ill try to do my best, ill see that when ill finaly buy myself a car ..

thx I H8 UR DSM for the correction, ill wont do it again, i feel so sorry :pface

I H8 UR DSM

*buy....

DonDonati88

i thought you were 'straight' Jesse.........

signal180sx
Car: 2004 IS300 Supercharged

Ebay hella shady.

Drakon
Car: S13 hatch-SR+bpu's

Ya this stuff is why i wont even consider buying anything i cant afford to not get on ebay. I dont even wana sell my car on ebay cause ppl are gona get all nervous about it. Its just easier to buy stuff from someone you know you can call up when something goes wrong.

Silvia240sxNiSmO
Car: imports

you never know who on ebay is legit, there are very few now a days my friend jsut got lucky and found someone selling an item on ebay whom had a shop a couple miles away. Thus he bought teh car even after test driving it, and did it on ebay because he even saved $2000m from what the dealer wanted from his shop.

super_hicas

its not ebay that shady its the ebay seller.

la_lakers73

I can attest to this problem. I bought an engine from this guy. I called him directly and asked him what it all came with. se said that i would need like 2 things. I trusted him (which was a mistake). I finally got the engine in my 91. This is after i paid the 1800 for the engine and the 1500 in misc. parts. Yes i have had to buy the harness ecu power steering, starter, ignitor...and the list goes on. But onew thing though. the engine really does run good. I finally got it to run the other day and it does run pretty good. but now, I have no clutch. There was abosolutly NO CLUTCH life left. I only had it running for 1 day before the cluth went out. there goes more money...

ajimbo

I think when you gather up enough people. you can ask FBI or someone to ask for such major issue? I cannot believe stuff like that happens. since I am good ebayer and good seller, I hate to hear those stories.

SexySil80

I agree, some people on ebay are not the greatest people. I mean this is totally off the subject but I bought a necklace off this guy and paid after 3 weeks he told me that he had sent it out, after 4 weeks I told him that I hadn't recieved it, then after a couple days after the last email, I told him that I hadn't recieved it, he emails me in return and says that it's probably lost and that'll he resend it with a tracking number...yet when I asked him for the tracking number from the first time, he said that he "couldn't find it". WHAT SHIET.anyway...sorry...i know that's totally off subject...had to get some frustration out...=P

dl240sx
Car: rebuilding cars

ya i got screwed to not an sr engine but i won the bid for some eibach springs the pro kit and i got them and when i went to put them on. i found out that they were for a sentra. the riped me off. ebay sucks don't buy things from there except clothes of p0rn posters.peace

Touring240

jspec's website is herehttp://www.jspecauto.com

many people get drawn in by the low prices. they post them on ebay and people head over to their site for more info. buy with caution!!!! you know when its too cheap that it means CUT harness, and lots of missing parts. your lucky if you get an ignitor. its tempting to save money this way but get yourself a motor from a reputable seller with a warranty. failing that get a full clip.

be very cautious about dealing with jspec!!

I H8 UR DSM

jspec auto....jspec is a diff, and good company...just to clear that up

Bussman240sx
Car: Nissan cars, and women

does dauntless have a site, i am looking for an engine

haddixracing

I bought a KLZE for my PRobe GT from Yasseen Siddiqui 4 months ago. He kept promising that it was in transit but stuck in customs. I got tired of waiting and I went to his house (a 15 hour drive). I knock on the door and guess what...he doesn't live their. He gave me a fake address. So then luckily I had anticipated this and I used the criss cross directory to look up his fax number and I got his REAL address, which was only a block away from the fake one on another street. I knock on the door and his brother answers. Then he comes to the door. We all (including my 3 thugs I brought with me) drive down to his "shop" where he actually did have a TON of engines and clips. I picked up one of his KLZE's, and while I was there I also bought an SR20DET front clip. I installed the KLZE on TUesday this week and it purrs like a kitten.

The point of my story is, this guy DOES have engines. HE is just VERY shady about getting them to you. ;)

haddixracing

I don't know if this makes any difference in your opinions of ebay (it shouldn't really because ebay is still shady) but I got all of the following bonus items with my front clip:

Bomex Front Strut BraceHKS IntakeHKS Super Blow Off ValveNearly New Denso Iridium Spark PlugsNearly New Triple Puck Spring Hub Clutch

It may not sound like much but if you add up the price of all of those aftermarket items it is more than I paid for the whole front clip!

SCORE! :ylsuper

spec-v5150

Touring240 wrote:jspec's website is herehttp://www.jspecauto.com

many people get drawn in by the low prices. they post them on ebay and people head over to their site for more info. buy with caution!!!! you know when its too cheap that it means CUT harness, and lots of missing parts. your lucky if you get an ignitor. its tempting to save money this way but get yourself a motor from a reputable seller with a warranty. failing that get a full clip.

be very cautious about dealing with jspec!!

WELL...if peopel read the FAQ they will realize exactly what is cut on their motors and what you dont get. I would venture to say at least 50% of peopel who get ripped brought it on themselves. Like one guy on ebay has a full tomei outfitted RB26 and has a buy it now price of 2250 shipped. This is a full RB26 with tomei **** (alot of it). He has one pic and it is from the tomei website. Now if the dumb *** who bid on it actually emailed the guy and asked for pics, receipts, etc he would have found out that the engine is "supposedly" packed up and ready for shipping so that is the only pic....HMMMMMMMM do I semll BS. if the bidder DID email and was satisfied with that then he deserves to get ripped when he does not get an engine. There is a feedback system. Read it. I wouldnt buy an engine from someone with no feedback or less than say 95% (depends on number of feedbacks) positive feedback. MOst of the tme these auctions descrive what is missing. And from ym experience the emails I sent askign what is exactly included usually were honest. Motor, tranny, etc. Okay what is missing or cut. Cut harness...no MAF or whatever.

s13ofdoom
Car: car, music, sports

anybody have any recommendations about motor dealers in the l.a. CA. area?? so i can get my front clip with peace??

Project240

Practically every JDM engine dealer in the damn country is in f|_|cking California. Sucks for people like me who live in Virginia and have to pay $700 for shipping on a front clip.....:(

haddixracing

That's why I bought mine from Canada and picked it up. $1800 for the clip and no shipping. Gas only cost me $250 and I was driving a 4x4 Suburban and pulling a 16' car trailer!

SR22 powered

Hello, I wanted to tell you guys that If you are buying a bike via cycletrader.com be very careful this website is full of scammers. Don't send any money unless you have met the guy personally. I was a victim of a scam ($5200) [[http://www.ecommerce-escrow.info/]] = fraud. But I was lucky enough to get my money back. Many thanks to my investigator. I later found out that the person who was running the scam was some where in Europe. Anyway Once again be careful when buying anything from cycletrader.com

JR.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”