Purchased with an upgraded radio faceplate, reception is horrible.

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
jakesnke
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL

Hi Guys,

Bought a used 2013 Altima about a year back. It came with some nice add ons such as maxima rims, and a radio faceplate that looks nicer than the stock version for my trim level.

Problem is the reception is absolute crap. I would say 50% of the time I get stations clearly, while the other 50% has varying degrees of static or no reception. Some stations I listen to just do not come in.

:wtf2:

I live in Orange County, CA - no mountains anything like that to speak of. Every other car gets great recepetion. I did not move to a new location when I purchased this vehicle.

Any ideas, I am getting ready to dump this thing - its driving me nuts.

jakesnke
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL

s***, now that I am looking at my cars trade in value I would really lose my a**.
I bought for 21.5k, looks like the trade in value is $14,850-$15,900. Not willing to take that much of a hit... Is NADA Guides even accurate?
Source:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2013/Nis ... D-S/Values

superbad
Car: 2014 alti 3.5SL

Sorry to say but these cars don't hold there value for s***. It's the only reason I still have mine or I would be driving a new wrx.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

jakesnke wrote:s***, now that I am looking at my cars trade in value I would really lose my a**.
I bought for 21.5k, looks like the trade in value is $14,850-$15,900. Not willing to take that much of a hit... Is NADA Guides even accurate?
Source:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2013/Nis ... D-S/Values
The Altima is a "mass production" car, hence the poor trade in value. You're better off trying to sell your Altima privately to reduce your lose a tad bit. :yesnod

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”