purchase 2015 LEAF S with price($27459), is it good?

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
changeno
Car: leaf

My old civic is not reliable now and I want to replace it. the new leaf is electric and it is cool. My budget is limited and I focus on the basic S model. I checked LEAF prices shared by others from autopriceshare and one local dealer matches this price($27459).
I am in WA. if anyone just purchased a 2015 LEAF S model, could you share your opinions about this price? is it a fair price? One more question, should I prepare snow tires or chains for LEAF?

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Is that your net price after tax savings? According to Nissan's website, that is the MSRP of the SL model after tax savings. The S should be closer to $21K. If that is BEFORE tax savings, then it looks fairly decent. If you haven't already done this little excercise, Nissan has this calculator that helps you figure out your total savings for driving the Leaf: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric- ... tor.button

As far as chains and snow tires, if you would use them for a normal gasoline powered car in your environmnet, then, yes, you will need them for the Leaf as well.

Disclaimer -- I have not purchased a Leaf, but I have researched the hell out of it.

Good Luck!

retrodog
Car: Vectrix

Make sure you pay enough taxes. You only get it back if you've paid it in

Return to “Leaf Forum”