Pulsating Brakes

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

I did a search and couldn't find the fix, someone help.

My brakes seem to be pulsating when I press the pedal. Both the front and back pads are brand new and new rotors in the back. I called my mechanic (because I know **** about cars, but am learning slowly) and he said that it could be a rotor out of alignment or something along those lines. Does this seem accurate guys or is he stiffing me?

240zx
Car: I like....stuff =P

You may have warped rotors, Take them off and have them cut, do the front first if you still get pedal feedback then cut the rears. That should solve it.

I H8 UR DSM

it could just be a bad rotor, (warped) that would cause that. Did you have the rotors cut when you did the pads? When pads are done, rotors should be replaced, or cut, usually they can only be cut twice because they do have to maintain a certain thickness.

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

Well the rotors are brand new, can they actually be warped? Also would they need to be cut if they're new.

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

yes they can be warped, i never heard of cut, but i heard of turn, do that (cut or turn is the same) is very easy just take your calipers out and take them to the shop.

I H8 UR DSM

if they are brand new, they shouldnt be warped or anything, id just get it checked out.

rc240sx

You said you replaced the rear rotors. My money is on the front ones. A pulsating pedal is almost always rotors.

bodyman240

you said that the rear rotors were new but if you did not replace the front ones, or did not have them turned then the front rotors are warped. It also makes the pulsating worse when you put new pads on warped rotors. Besides the majority of braking is done up front. The rear setup is probably fine. I would bet its the front rotors. Have them turned or changed.

SlowFiveOh
Car: drag racing, music

if the rotors were new and you drive like an *** right away then they are going to warp, take it easy on them for a week or so, until they have gone through a few heat cycles

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”