Pulsar NX ENGINE swap from 99 Altima GXE

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
bigadam
Car: 1987 Nissan Pulsar NX

Ok I am trying to get some more information. before I start a project. First I am the proud owner of an 1987 Nissan Pulsar NX. 

I have a spare car (1999 Nissan Altima GXE) that runs and drives but it's totaled. 

Pulsar has a E16I. 
Altima has a KA24DE. 

I need info. on swapping the engines and drive trains. I know it's a tall order but it's going to happen. (just need some help)

I know I would have to modify the motor mountsdropping the whole sub frame is possible but it's not going to just bolt up. 

Pulsar wheelbase is 96 in. 
Altima wheelbase is 109 in.

Any wiring diagram for either car would help.

I would like to make it a plug and play. I have all the access I need for the wiring side of that.

Timothy S
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima GXE, Auto RE4FO4A, KA24DE Engine

While I haven't done any engine swaps like this, I can at least provide links to the Factory Service Manuals hidden here at Nicoclub.com. here's the pulsar: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pulsar/
And the Altima:
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/1999/
I hope that helps a little. Good luck, and I'll be happy to answer any Altima questions I can, but I don't know the Pulsar at all.

bigadam
Car: 1987 Nissan Pulsar NX

Did anyone ever get anywhere or have any luck swapping the e16i to a ka24de. I have both cars for one as the donor parts the other the project both are manual. I have just about everything I could possibly use.

Any ideas or progress?

I plan to use the wiring harness from the Altima solder into the pulsars wiring harness. I know the harness's will have major differences.

Gauges from the Altima will be retro fitted into the stock casing of the pulsar and I plan to add a oil pressure gauge it the Altima doesn't have one already.

The ECM and BCM will be mounted to the firewall. Any suggestions???

Since Both cars are manuals the only issue I should have is the clutch cable/ shift linkage. Considering the cars have almost identical wheel bases I should be able to use the stock parts from the Altima. (cv axle, spindles, etc.)

As for the engine mounts and brackets I have to fab up some adapter plates for the engine mounts and the sub-frame.

The only issues that I can think of that's left would be the strut towers and making sure the suspension system works properly.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

bigadam there was no need to create a second thread for an open topic. I've deleted the new thread you created. Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing, and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum topic that is closest to your post, and place it there only. If you should create a post in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again.

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”