Pulsar Gtir Analog to NX1600 digital cluster swap

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
dannysconnect
Car: Nissan Pulsar Gtir

Hi all,

I've been asked by a friends to swap his analog cluster from his pulsar gtir for the digital nx1600 cluster

Would anyone have the write up, accessories/hardware needed, images & wiring diagram to carry out this job correctly?

its going to be fitted to a 1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

thanks

Danny
Last edited by dannysconnect on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dannysconnect

Correction : NX not NSX

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Depending on the depth of cross-communication there with ECM and other things it may not be reasonably doable. Digital clusters are often much closer tied to the computer system than standalone analog are.

dannysconnect

Thank you very much for getting back to me

I was thinking the same

I've seen a few write ups about it being possible on certain vehicles but not on the pulsar specifically

I know that people have had to splice into the ECU wiring for the speed sensors and then solder the other ends of the wires into the digital part of the cluster wiring

I have the wiring diagram for both clusters and can quite easily connect the wires that correspond to the dashboard light Leds & gauges etc. but the diagram for the digital screen connector(little connector in the middle of the cluster) doesn't give clear information about what they are for & which wires from the original loom need to connect to the wires for the digi screen

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Just because you see what appear to be the same wires in no way guarantees they have the same voltage values, digital often means much lower volt and volt pulsed in logic pulses, which your analog wires will not provide. At least in a normal progression of things, can't say exactly in that case. Maybe yes and maybe no, one has to be willing to risk ruining electrical there if one cannot determine the exact differences.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”