Pulling Left and Right is Road Fault? NOT!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Fredace
Car: Infiniti M35X

Lots has been written previously that some M's pull left and right while stopping. It's been stated that the car is very sensitive to road conditions, that sport tuning does this.

Well, I don't think so! I changed my 3k mile old oem Goodyear tires for Michelins and, guess what? No more pulling!!

So, it seems to be so much BS! I've gone over the same spots where pulling was very pronounced, and it's perfect now.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Search for "tire conicity" common when internal belts shift or change stiffness across the face.

These things show up when tires are not internally strong enough to take stress.

Also make sure your alignment is not just in spec but at the exact middle of spec. All camber, caster, and toe need to be EXACTLY identical side to side with your weight eqivalent in drivers seat.

Camber can change as drivers weight forces the drivers side to compress on springs............200 lb driver will lower drivers side by 3/4" which increases negative camber by 0.5 degrees on drivers side.

There is the usual worthless generic slam bam alignment and the expensive time consuming precision work your A off alignment to get perfection.

bamaSAAB
Car: '06 M35 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon journey/nav '91 Saab 9000T, '05 Mazda3, 3 other older Saabs

had them on my wife's Mazda3 (17's though)...changed them to Nokians, and its a totally different driving car...much quietier and the handling feels like an aftermarket kit! I would have changed my M, but Nokian doesn't offer the right tires in our size yet...soon as they're available...the Goodyears are GONE! I'll save them for lease turn-in!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

The Goodyear RSA tires are definitely pathetic.

If you want to stick to Goodyear, then I recommend the Eagle F1 GS-D3 as a good alternative to Michelin Pilot Sport as well.

If I were to buy a car new right now, and it came with Eagle RSA's, I would make the dealer change them out ... they are that bad, IMHO!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”