Public High School BS

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

I posted this on LS, but maybe the NICO guys can take this a bit to heart as well. I sent the school some hate mail, maybe you guys could to.http://www.washingtonpost.com/....html

here's the schools websitehttp://www.wfps.k12.mt.us/wfhs/

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

If my job would let me, I would be wearing mohawks.

Fred...:D

Mayhem_J30

are you one of those hard core german punk rockers or something fred? OIY!!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I just think:

Mohawks rock!:ylsuper

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

that is so whack, figures its in montana, out in the middle of nowhere

when i was in high school they regulated wearing wallet chains and spiked collars (not that i wore any ...then) but their reason was because they perceived them as weapons (totally understandable) as far as hair went... they didn't give a crap

how did you go about sending them hate mail mayhem? To the principal herself?

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Mayhem_J30 wrote:are you one of those hard core german punk rockers or something fred? OIY!!

LMAO!!

:rotflmao

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Back when I was in school, you could do most anything you wanted with your hair. There were some restrictions on dress, but hair seems to be fair game. I went to public school.

Mayhem_J30

skydragoness5 wrote:that is so whack, figures its in montana, out in the middle of nowhere

when i was in high school they regulated wearing wallet chains and spiked collars (not that i wore any ...then) but their reason was because they perceived them as weapons (totally understandable) as far as hair went... they didn't give a crap

how did you go about sending them hate mail mayhem? To the principal herself?

stuff like this just burns me up bad. it reminds me of all the crap i went through in high school just because i had baggy pants and rode a skate board. guess me making straight A's didn't make a difference to the school, it's not grades that matter it's how you look. :rolleyes i sent an email directly to the principal herself: this is what i sent:

"What in the world in a country based on equality are you people doing over in Montana? I wasn't aware that kids were discriminated against for hair style over there. Hair, skin color or sex, people should not be denied an education over. People like you should be denied employment instead! I know this girl in no fashion and I live in a completely different time zone and I'm still appalled at what is happening there. Pull your heads out of your asses and say goodbye to the dark ages!

Chris FowlerLouisville, KYConcerned for powerless high school students that have ****s for faculty members."

thus my new signature with TonyVQ's recomendation :D

InstantRice

goes on in all middle/highschools. In my school we cant even wear overalls, not that anyone would its just the princible of the matter.

SWIFT_DRIFT

What about in Jamaica where dreadlocks are a way of life and culture? What if one of those school officials sent their kid to school there and they got banned for having "normal" hair...lol.

hrmmm....montana, rednecks 'r US! where the only thing that has been in fashon and will ever be in fashon...MULLETS!!!!!!!!!!! all that 15 year old has to do, is shave the top of her head, and keep her dreads in mullet style :rolleyes

Gawd how much i wish to move out of the US....only 2 places to go, canada or japan! :D

Mayhem_J30

SWIFT_DRIFT wrote:Gawd how much i wish to move out of the US....only 2 places to go, canada or japan! :D

if you read my metric system thread,you'll see i'm moving to canada and i'll probably need a room mate. after i convert the losing US dollar over to whatever the hell canadians use i'll have about 30 cents left over.

SWIFT_DRIFT

ok lets move to canada :D

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

See ya later...... I'll hold down the fort while you guys are gone! (Patriot till the end!!!!) When you come crawling back I won't say I told ya so!

Tino
Car: Raising Hell

carefull buddy your not to far from a canuck

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

Tino wrote:carefull buddy your not to far from a canuck

OH.... I'm FAR from being a canook! I'm just on the front lines where all the action happens! Still waiting for backup before we advance!! :patriot

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

i wrote my complaint letter... what a stupid reason for a suspension

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I got your back, Maine. I'll bring my homeys from Mississippi (BionicQ and RedRocket), Stoney the USAF desert dawg, and we'll clean house...

Then we'll send Dees in to verbally abuse them (and their mothers).:D

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

AMEN brutha hitman ...they can pry the flag and my M-16 from my cold dead hands :patriot

that school thing is bull**** , the one i went to would only enfoce the tight spandex pants policy on the girls that they didnt like , this was good in some cases a few hoggers were sent home , but even thought they left our 33-24-36 godess i still felt that they should beat everyone with the same size stick , and let me shave my head , im a mechaic ,that hair crap gets in the way and dirty , but they thought since i was a little angry white guy that i was a neo-natzi ,school sucked ....let the girl have her dreads , matter of fact if your out there love, keep the dreads . tell em the revrend told you to keep them and your self respect/idenitity .

thats my testemnony my fellow bruthas

ninjak84

amen :)

deesolballs

This incident reminds me of the Principal (female) who was frisking the girls at the prom to ensure they were wearing underdraws. Girls with no draws or who wore thongs were sent home. I have already sent my resume to that school three times and I have yet to hear from them :confused: . I think things are getting a bit out of hand. I had a flat top that would have put Gumby to shame when I was in highschool and I bet that would be considered too radical in some schools these days. I sure miss the biker short craze of my teen years. Great Googly Moogly!! Leave the kids be durnit or they'll just go buck wild in college when they get that first taste of liberty.

redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

hell yeah I got my flags an guess what one is still on my Mississippi flag can't take that heritage from me. I will clean house need to go check the ole stock pile in the underground bunker to make sure I still have my assault rifles cleaned and in good condition need to pick up another 1500 rounds of .223's and .45's and I'll be ready

Spectre
Car: 1995 240sx se

What idiots. I got harassed in high school too. The principle kept trying to take my wallet away because of the chain. I always managed to disuade them by putting it away. I still wear that wallet today. I grew my hair out during my freshman year and I was always careful to keep it above the shoulders because of their stupid dress code. The ironic thing is that guys would just shave that lower part of their heads and have a hairstyle that bothered the people in authority even more. I did get an afterschool for putting a blue skunk stripe in my hair(spray on). I narrowly avoided punishment for wearing my halloween costume to school(The principle that caught me was the cool one and he let me go because I had gotten out of my last class).

What do hairstyles have to do with education? The argument that I always hear is that abstract fashions cause a distraction in the classroom and take away from the learning process. I wish that these administrators would realize that with time the abstract becomes normal and the the people who are distracted by it are usually the problem. Distracting or not, this seems to be a petty reason for denying someone of their-guaranteed by law-"free education". Why aren't they concerned with the more important issues?

Mayhem_J30

Spectre wrote: Why aren't they concerned with the more important issues?

because the important issues are boring. just like the media likes to exploit things that aren't important.Example: Aparently our Kentucky governer had some sort of affair :rolleyes Do I really care if some old man on capital hill got his thing off...:confused: no i don't. Did I give two rats arses with the whole Clinton thing...nope nadda no how.:mad: This thinking caries over to smaller subjects like what someone looks like. It's more entertaining to suspend someone for looks then it is to focus on education.BTW, I have not yet heard back from the principal. I won't be holding my breath.

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

Retarded.... that guy should be kicked in the groin...

ninjak84

i havent heard back from the principle yet either.would be nice if i could engage in an argument with her though.... since the ring has gone AWOL i wouldnt mind chewing this b**** out a little

Mayhem_J30

ninjak84 wrote:i havent heard back from the principle yet either.would be nice if i could engage in an argument with her though.... since the ring has gone AWOL i wouldnt mind chewing this b**** out a little

that sounds more productive. putting our anger towards the good of our country :patriot

explod3

my school wouldn't let some weird dude go to class dressed as a girl. they said it distracted the learning environment. i think it's pretty jacked, cuz clothing is clothing, and you should be able to wear whatever the hell you want. i mean.. hell look at what people used to wear in the 1800's..

Mayhem_J30

hell look what i wore 20 years ago...uggghhh.

boMex

This is a copy of the letter I sent to the principleDear Dorothy,

I was recently reading up on the news from your countries capital on the Washington Post's website. It disturbed me greatly to read an article about your school banning one of your female students because her hair was styled in "dredlocks". Now I can understand restrictions certain restrictions on overly revealing clothing or t-shirts with profanities and even rules governing student conduct on school property. I had such rules when I attended school. I'm sure that you did too. The difference was that my school refused to stiffle students with rules that seem more appropriate when associated with Taliban, Communism and the Germany in the 1940's. A school is an enviroment where creativity and new ideas are fostered and explored, not restricted and crushed. I commend your banned student for trying an exciting new hairstyle. Surely her hair wasn't affecting anyones ability to learn? I realize that you are probably a typical, white, conservative, God fearing American. You probably get nervous when a black man greets you on the street and feel that homosexuality is a sin, or a disease. I say this because your decision to ban this student shows that you support a system of hate and supression based on some twisted perceived status quo. I find it ironic that in "the land of the free and the home of the brave" hateful cowards like yourself still thrive.

I hope that you decide to change your policy on hair styles and remember that at one time it was innapropriate for women to wear trousers....and vote.

M. N. PerryToronto, Ontario, CANADA

boMex

...BTW guys...I know your just kidding but lay off the Canadian's okay? Our military boys and girls have both shed their blood in the field of battle together. Canadian soldiers (some from my family) have fought with distinction in WW I, WW II, Korea and most recently Afganistan. Ask any American soldier who has fought alongside a Canadian soldier whether it was in the mud and trenches of France, the beaches of Normandy or the mountains of Afganistan and they'll speak with respect and admiration for their brothers to the north. Please don't minimize their sacrifice.

Return to “General Chat”