Proud new owner of an M45!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Kinnick
Car: Infiniti M45

Took delivery of a new Diamond Graphite M45 with the Premium package this week. So far I love this car!The dealer apparanlty made a boo boo and ordered the car with the 19" sport rims and performance tires and let me take the car at no extra cost. Sweet!

I drove BMW 550, Lexus GS 430, Acura RL and Audi 4.2 A6, and the M45 was the winner. Initially though I did find the dashboard a bit "busy". Throughout the process of driving these cars, i just wish I could take a piece of each car that I liked and make one car from it. The BMW driving characteristics, the Lexus rich luxurious interior, the Acura RL technology, the Audi Quattro awd. Finally after many nights of pondering, it came down to the fact that the Infiniti M45 gave me a lot of the features offered by the competitors and did so much more economically.

The bluetooth works great (I have a Motorola V710 phone), the Bose Surround Sound is amazing. The lane departure warning I could live without. The intelligent cruise control is a very cool feature. Lots and lots of room in the backseat and my passngers so far love the recling rear seats and the the fact that the rear seats are heated too.The only thing extra i'd ask for is AWD on the M45 but I'll be putting a good set of Blizzaks on some new rims this week to get me through the winter in Iowa.

Been reading some good info on this board over the past few weeks, and I thank the board members for their insights on various aspects on the M45. I'll try to post some pictures in the next few days.

One goofy thing though, I was about to install my fron license plate bracket/holder (yes the dealer didn't install it!), and I noticed one of the little plastic gromets that goes into the front fender was broken. i have done an exhaustive search online to find another or even another whole bracket mounting kit for the M45 without success, even on the Infinit site. So right now I can't finish mounting the holder. Anyone know where I can order this item? I'll probably bug my dealer for another this week I gues.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!!
Kinnick wrote:Took delivery of a new Diamond Graphite M45 with the Premium package this week. So far I love this car!
Great choice!
Kinnick wrote:The dealer apparanlty made a boo boo and ordered the car with the 19" sport rims and performance tires and let me take the car at no extra cost. Sweet!
That is a heck of a deal for sure!
Kinnick wrote:The only thing extra i'd ask for is AWD on the M45 but I'll be putting a good set of Blizzaks on some new rims this week to get me through the winter in Iowa.
Definitely a good idea on any high-power rear-wheel drive car!
Kinnick wrote:I'll try to post some pictures in the next few days.
That would be great!
Kinnick wrote:One goofy thing though, I was about to install my fron license plate bracket/holder (yes the dealer didn't install it!), and I noticed one of the little plastic gromets that goes into the front fender was broken. i have done an exhaustive search online to find another or even another whole bracket mounting kit for the M45 without success, even on the Infinit site. So right now I can't finish mounting the holder. Anyone know where I can order this item? I'll probably bug my dealer for another this week I gues.
I got mine from the dealer (had to re-install the license plate when somebody backed into me and munged up my license plate holder!)

Z

TXSJaybird

Congrats on the M! You will enjoy every second of it.

I wish my dealer hadnt screwed in the front plates...I took it off as I prefer the look, and I have 2 small holes. It doesnt look bad on black, but I need to get em done soon.

Oh, and yes, TX does have a front liscense plate law, its just not really enforced. You have a great excuse if you do get pulled over..."the dealer didnt do it"

Post some pics of your new baby!

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Kinnick wrote: Initially though I did find the dashboard a bit "busy".

The lane departure warning I could live without.
Best of luck with your new car.

I agree with you (at first, at least) the dash was too busy, but after a few miles, you will find the dash and layout to be perfect. Infiniti basically gives you four ways to just about everything. center knob, or keypad, or steering wheel, or voice command.

As far as the lane departure, (you may already know this), but you can turn it off each time your in the car, with one-touch or if it really bugs you you can shut it off via a series of commands and it will never come back on until you reset it.

You're gonna love you car, period.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Kinnick, glad to have you aboard.

Regardless of what the media and magazines say, the American consumers are voting with their payments, and the M is clearly the better car.

Love to see some pics of a Diamond Graphite one - My favorite color!

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Just got my Liquid Platinum M45 Sport with Tech, Journey and aero a couple days ago. What a car! I never made it to BMW or Lexus after testing the Ms. Since you got the sport wheels, consider the aero add ons. They just take an awesome car and put some tiger claws in it. Enjoy. I know I'm lovin' mine!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”