protecting carpet

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
Missouri Swede
Car: 2022 QX60 Sensory AWD. Deep Bordeaux.

[Gone:
2012 G37x. Graphite Shadow. Navigation and Premium Package. Retired in 2021.
2013 JX35. Midnight Garnet. Premium Package. Replaced with QX60 in 2022.]

We're looking at the colors for a new JX. The darker colors (graphite and java) are a bit darker than we'd like, so we've decided on the wheat interior. One concern is how dirt might show on such a light color. Does anyone use an interior protectant on the fabric like scotchguard, etc.? Thanks.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

First off, welcome to NICOclub! Sorry for the late response. I am not sure on the Scotchguard thing, but my prevous Nissan and Infiniti Models had the light interior, and I currently have a G37 with the lighter colored stone interior, the best thing to do is use a bissel carpet cleaner when you get a stain or a dirt mark. Those cleaners work AMAZING!!!

Enjoy the ride! I love the Java though, you should really consider that if you have yet to purchase!

Missouri Swede

[Gone:

Yep, we've got a carpet cleaner at home, so we can use that.

We went with the wheat interior, and my wife is happy with it. :biggrin: I'll try to get a pic posted of our Infinitis in a few days if the weather behaves.

I've been banned from coffee drinking in her car. (...at least for the time being?) I can drink coffee all I want in my man-cave G37 with graphite interior. And I'm good with that. :cool:

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Hey, that is why they have those "splash sticks" for your coffee! LOL

Any time for photos yet?

Missouri Swede

[Gone:

Yep, I got a couple shots of both of our Infinitis and put them in the G35 and G37 forum for Members Rides Pics (I think it's post 167):

g-series-members-rides-post-em-up-t39215-150.html

FWIW, we put Scotchgard on the carpet and mats. Ordered a slightly darker colored liner for the cargo area that's on the way (I forget which brand she ordered--didn't go with WeatherTech--felt too much like a hard plastic). She's really pleased with the car overall, and she loves the colors (Midnight Garnet with the wheat interior). Really sharp vehicle.

Edit: We've ordered the Lloyd Altimat custom fit cargo mat in brown. If we like it, we may get it for the mats for front and middle rows in the brown, if it looks and feels good. And she says It took her three cans of spray scotchgard to do all of the interior carpeting and mats.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”