PROJECT DATSUN: SR20det 510

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
mesojdm

~*~*~*~*~UPDATE!!!!!!!~*~*~*~

OKaaaaay here you guys go-Sorry for the long delay in updates! 411- everything is done, motor runs all thats left is;-Dyno Tune-Catback fabbed-Door pannels put on-Finish trunk inside-Fiberglass kickpannels

I took alot of pics to make up for all the ones Ive missed during the build hehe. Let me know if you have any questiions! ENJOI!!!!!!!!

Hey guys...New to this forum but saw it had a datsun section. Well Im in the process of building a datsun 510 with a sr20det. Here are some pics;

Virgin car, no rust, original owner(old lady) no bondo, etc. AM radio still worked when I got it!!

glass, lights, etc out

Poor L-series junked...shaving holes for a clean look;

FMIC fitted... very snug

DONOR car; (at least half on one HAAH) black top SR

donor motor pulled and cleaned;

SR motor/tranny X-member and all necessary install items;

All new relays/fuse pannel, wires;

Ripped apart for HKS cams, head studs, Head gasket, etc

MMMMbrakes Front and rear wilwood

Setting ip rear seats(will be upholstered in bride fabric)

TO match............. thesecarbon kevlar FTW

New rollers;

New snail(gt30RRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

NArdi Quick release FTW;

I (L) sard;

Turbo fitted and plumbing it. Wastegate VENT for mucho loudness.

Valve cover coated, everything mounted ready for the car!

JUst a rundown on everyhitg thats going in at and my plans/hopes ofwhat it is to become;Sr20det blacktop with;-HKS264/264-greddy 1.2MM gasket-greddy intake manifold-greddy RAS-arp studs-Tail 38mm w/g-enjuku racing manifold-gt30r-taka oil/water lines-sard fpr-sard fuel rail-sard r2d2 bov-rc 750cc -RCI fuel cell-Aeromotive fuel filter/pump-Custom fmic-exedy clutch/flywheel-flash(idk which one yet)

BRAKES-Wilwood 4 pot front with slotted/ventedrotorsWilwood 2 pot rear with slotted rotorsSS linespads

ROLLERS-Volk ce28 16X7 +42faken rt615rays blue duranuts

SUSPENSION-(soon)custom coilovers tein camber platestein strut bar

INSIDE:Bride Gias statsBride gradtion fabric rear and door pannelsDEFI gauges2-DIN Ttouch screen naviNardi wheel and quick releasecustom roll cagetakata harnesses

my GOAL is a show winning CLEAN datsun 510 that represents the old school look..but with all new modern days JDM parts. Kinda of the best of both worlds.

The car is in paint right now...going to be INFINITY g35 Carribian blue. Will keep you guys postedon the progress. I am looking for around 400whp.
Modified by mesojdm at 7:29 PM 10/14/2007

koukicody
Car: 93 Mazda Miata

btw where did you get the bride fabric?

Logan76
Car: Junk

Nice, Im LOVING that SR, seem's your doing everything right.

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

That turbo is MASSIVE!!! SR POWA FTW!!!!! Too 510's with em though. That should be one sweet whip once you're done. Welcome to NICO

koukicody

and whoa!, you must be a baller. I just noticed the lambo in the garage.what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking

oldschoolsilvia
Car: S14

nice build

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

wow, you lucky buggar, I would soooo love to find a clean dime, and the SR is a no brainer, although I'm a cheapskate and would likely go for a turbo KA, great project, keep the pic's and updates coming

mesojdm

thanks guys....I actually work at a audio/video shop. We do custom installation in cars, homes, and commercial. I am only 20 and love doing hands on work. Lambo is my dads, its a murcielago...pretty fun but hopefully my dime will beat it after it is done(although the v12 behind your head is somehting thta cannot be explained lol). I am trying to do everything right the first time...my moto being go big or go home hehee. WHOLE reason behind getting this car was Me previous car(2003 EVO) was modded alot 390AWHP and was a attention getter. I got hassled SOOO Much in my town(3 tickets in one week to be exact)with that car having to pop my hood constantly and being hassled for aftermarket parts. When I got a state referee ticket that was the last straw....Now I have a SMOG-exepemt car...put whatever I want on it and tell the cops to F off when they wanna gimme a ticket for a modded motor now.HEHEHEprevious evo;full bride interior and cusco cage

And my car BEFORE THE EVO(first car actually)prob why went back to it..still have the love for the dimes

koukicody

sweet dude!what city is the audio shop that you work at in?so cal or nor cal?

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

oooo

I hope to god you get the best alarm system on the market for it.

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

mesojdm wrote:thanks guys....I actually work at a audio/video shop. We do custom installation in cars, homes, and commercial. I am only 20 and love doing hands on work. Lambo is my dads, its a murcielago...pretty fun but hopefully my dime will beat it after it is done(although the v12 behind your head is somehting thta cannot be explained lol). I am trying to do everything right the first time...my moto being go big or go home hehee. WHOLE reason behind getting this car was Me previous car(2003 EVO) was modded alot 390AWHP and was a attention getter. I got hassled SOOO Much in my town(3 tickets in one week to be exact)with that car having to pop my hood constantly and being hassled for aftermarket parts. When I got a state referee ticket that was the last straw....Now I have a SMOG-exepemt car...put whatever I want on it and tell the cops to F off when they wanna gimme a ticket for a modded motor now.HEHEHEprevious evo;full bride interior and cusco cage

And my car BEFORE THE EVO(first car actually)prob why went back to it..still have the love for the dimes
I'm going to assasinate you and steal your life and your cars

mesojdm

Mr1der wrote:oooo

I hope to god you get the best alarm system on the market for it.
I install them for a living....it will be the best;)
koukicody wrote:sweet dude!what city is the audio shop that you work at in?so cal or nor cal?
Local shop in my town. Im in norcal....about 30min north of SAC town.

O/T this forum has cool smilys lol

Fadebucket510
Car: Datsun 510

I'm in the midst of swapping an SR in my dime as well... What intercooler/radiator setup are you using... Company? Price? etc.

Good luck!

ca18datsun510
Car: bmw 330i zhp, 91 infiniti m30, 89 240sx, 07 zx6r, 05 trx450r

i hate you.

very nice, very nice. i like to see that you are doing your own work, it makes it even more valuable.

damn. i love those seats.

ca18datsun510

oh p.s.

what do you think about the datsport mount kit?

im looking into them for my next 510.

koukicody

oh, and once more. where did you get the Bride fabric at? thanx!

mesojdm

Fadebucket510 wrote:I'm in the midst of swapping an SR in my dime as well... What intercooler/radiator setup are you using... Company? Price? etc.

Good luck!
Intercooler was bought off ebay belive it or not. Good up to 500hp they claim. All I had to do was find the right dimensions, the end tanks needed to be facing inwards rather then coming out of the sides due to clearence. Its a 3" core which is kind of big but it fits PERFECT. Raditaor will be custom made.
ca18datsun510 wrote:oh p.s.

what do you think about the datsport mount kit?

im looking into them for my next 510.
Havent mounted the kit yet...waiting for the car back from paint to mount it. I will let you know though. But the qauality of the kit looks very nice
koukicody wrote:oh, and once more. where did you get the Bride fabric at? thanx!
Got it from a friend who is a mad JDM freak..had an extra 6ft laying around lol. Also I got the black fabric to go on all the other parts wher the gradation wont be.

Thanks for the compliments guys....I will post pics as soon as its back from the booth. Gonna look TITS.

mesojdm

BTW heres some stuff im doing in the meantime;Basically taking the factory sealed beams out...and putting in E46 M3 projectors in and 8k HID kit. This will be for the HIGH and LOW beams. I had to find a light that was 6" diameter, CLEAR front lens(no markings or anything) and was removeable. I searched and searched and finally ended up going to wally world and got a off the shelf "fog light" kit. Cut it all up, sealed it back for the projectors and BAM looks factory. PIcs; HI- AND LOW the back; New VS stock; MUCHO BETTER!

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

That is going to be an amazing car! Great work thus far, can't wait to see it all come together.

mesojdm

Stopped by the body shop today for the first time..but forgot my camera, RATS! Anyways they are pretty much done with the welding/sanding etc and its ready for primer. I picked out the paint so they are going to order it(metallic blue from nissan reallllllly sweet in the sun imo). Also they are rolling the fenders so I will not have any issues with rubbing down the road. In the meantime I am doing little things example;dash unit..custom installed 350z airvents, defi link tach(will go with all other defis that will be installed, BOOST<FUEL PRES<WATER TEMP<EGT) Still trying to figure out hoe to get the factory speedo working as it is mechanical and my s13 tranny is a wire. Debating weather to even keep the factory midddle gauge "fuel/ temp" but it is too small to throw a 60mm defi in. 52Mm MIGHT fit, ill have to measure.

Also...beefed up the diff. ALOT. Pics STOCK(r160 open) VS NEW(r200 LSD baby!)WOW MUCHO BIGGER!This diff is a rare find and anyone that knows what this is knows it can handle some major HP. I scored when I saw it on a local f/s add for cheeeep. It is also the LSD version(you can tell by the cooling fins on the cover) which was avail in 300zx turbo 88-91or something.LSD FTMFWI am going big so I will not have to worry about any problems down the road. Also this diff bolts into the factory location belive it or not, but I will have to go with custom CV' axles.Will keep you posted whenI get some more pics:) stay tuned!

evildky

I would thingk the S130 turbo CV shafts and companion flanges would fit, might require swapping stub axles as well, I've heard complaints from some of the 510 guys taht the R200 is too heavy and hurts the ballance of the car?

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

threads like this make me happy in my pants

mesojdm

Thanks for the reply evildky.I am not really oconcerned about the weight of the r200(athough it is a heavy mo-fo!) Because I will need all the weight I can get in the rear to help with traction. I will have more then enough hp to make up for it:) Not sure what I am doin about axles..stilll researching. thanks

ca18datsun510

you sure the diff fits? im pretty sure you have to mod the mustache bar.

as for the speedo, there is a speed senor from z31's that fits the sr/ca/ka trans, and its cable.

i believe its the 83-85 but im not %100.

look into it.

evildky

I kinda wondered about the possibulity of the complete rear crossmember from an S130, or at least the trailing arms, brakes, CV's and all

mesojdm

JDM grillz yo. FTW

dvd

wow AWESOME CAR!! i love emphasis on the word clean haha. Makes my car look bad

QUOTE=ca18datsun510]you sure the diff fits? im pretty sure you have to mod the mustache bar.

as for the speedo, there is a speed senor from z31's that fits the sr/ca/ka trans, and its cable.

i believe its the 83-85 but im not %100.

look into it.[/QUOTE]

can you make sure?

Razi
Car: Moo

Man everything is so sexy! I love that cool looking turbo!

thekidzkid25
Car: 91 240sx sr20det, subaru legacy awd

that thing is coming out amazing...i love that ur doing everything right...heres a link for HUD for the speedo...just an idea, cover the stock tacks and mount this flush on top the dash http://www.mysr20.com/category_s/111.htm

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Keep the updates coming

-Dan

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”