Project 240sx Vert RB25det Swap

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
fnmadog
Car: 1993 240sx Vert (no engine)
1991 Skyline GTR

So I finally decided to start my project. Figured I'd start a thread to share, document, and ask for help. Not going to be a quick project.. I work too much and don't have much experience with mechanics on this scale.

Got this project planned out in 4 stages. (in a nut shell).
1. is the swap
2. driveability, suspension, 5 lug, breaks safety.. ect..
3. rebuild, tune
4. paint, clean up, and over all beautification.

Here's the car

The work space and car

More car

Thanks for looking, hope to share more progress soon.

fnmadog
1991 Skyline GTR

Engine's out.

between work and house projects this one has taken a little longer than i wanted. but now that it's out i can start cleaning up the engine bay.

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

Looking good, can't wait to see the progress with the RB swap :)

Topless_S13
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible

I'm going a very similar route with my vert as well. Good luck with the build bud!

fnmadog
1991 Skyline GTR

still out of town... i can't wait to get back to the garage.

fnmadog
1991 Skyline GTR

So I went another direction...

Why? The cost was about the same for purchasing a new to me BNR32 as it was to put an RB25 into a 240. The 240 is in my workshop and awaiting a decision on a powertrain (Mostly I need free time and money). I'm thinking LS3erod, second SR20, third a LS1. Something that will be fun, cheap, and mostly for the track, so slightly legal for the road. Money and time will dictate that.. This is project is not dead, i just wanted to get a skyline while i had the opportunity.

My skyline is completely legal and insured. 25 yrs old law. If there is any interest I can post my experience on the GTR/Skyline forum. There is already a ton of information out there, but I'd be happy to share my experience.

fnmadog
1991 Skyline GTR

Couple more pictures.

o0Syn
Car: 92 Nissan 240SX Convertible

Damn nice!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Whoah! That's quite the engine swap (and harness swap and chassis swap and RHD swap and...)! Very exciting. I'm a little jealous that you get to have multiple projects. I've been trying to soften the wife up a bit in hopes of adding an FD3S to the family. It's not going over so well. I can't even seem to negotiate a parts car. :(

Maybe I should go the the GTR thread ans see about the import process/ costs. Where is yours from?

I hope you get to drive the heck out of that thing! I think the GTR is still a head turner. So, when you drive, realized that other drivers will be rubbernecking and driving poorly and you may have to compensate for their inattention.

Any updates on the vert?

fnmadog
1991 Skyline GTR

no update on the vert. not going to do anything with it for a few more years. work and family keep me too busy. when i do that i wanna do it right and take my time.

i get a little scared when i drive the car, it'd suck to get it smashed up. going to get special insurance to cover classics since the value is only rising on it right now.

i haven't put together a forum yet. i've replied to a few of the threads on the gtr forum with some info but nothing complete.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”