Programming mode for new key fob

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Illfixit
Car: 2004 Infiniti fx45

Hi everyone, just bought my daughter her first car, a 2004 Infiniti FX45. Has lots of problems so far but the first is we can’t get the car into learn mode. We tried several different versions of what I found on line and she alone tried for hours struggling with it. It will never flash the hazards no matter what we try. We read about the hood being not down and the doors all being locked and such. We do have the problem of non working and extremely lazy locks and wondering if it can’t lock itself maybe there’s no hope for the mode. Please help with any ideas.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Did you try this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-3dClv64-A

2004 Infiniti FX35 Remote Programming
Note: You must have all remotes on hand when performing this procedure. Any remotes not used during this procedure will become inactive.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock switch located on drivers door panel.

2. Insert key into ignition (DON’T TURN) and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least 6 times within 10 seconds (this will need to be done at approximately one second intervals). You may need to insert and remove the key up to 10 or 12 times until your hazard lamps flash. PLEASE NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast or too slow the system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into ignition and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push the LOCK button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. PLEASE NOTE: Do not press the button on the remote more than one time or the programming will not be successful.

Illfixit

04pathse wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 am
Did you try this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-3dClv64-A

2004 Infiniti FX35 Remote Programming
Note: You must have all remotes on hand when performing this procedure. Any remotes not used during this procedure will become inactive.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock switch located on drivers door panel.

2. Insert key into ignition (DON’T TURN) and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least 6 times within 10 seconds (this will need to be done at approximately one second intervals). You may need to insert and remove the key up to 10 or 12 times until your hazard lamps flash. PLEASE NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast or too slow the system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into ignition and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push the LOCK button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. PLEASE NOTE: Do not press the button on the remote more than one time or the programming will not be successful.
Yep that’s the one, tried it many many many times

Illfixit

I’m still trying but still can’t get it. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong only this time today the steering wheel starts moving into position like it wants to go for a ride. Then after trying several times I used the remote to lock it,,, only do that if you don’t like your neighbors because starting the car, opening and closing the doors, locking and unlocking the door switch does not stop the alarm !!!!!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”