Professional Wiring Products Hitch Harness Install - Question???

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kg5ie
Car: '08 Rogue

Just received the kit. I have read the instructions 3 times but something still eludes me. Obviously the harness connections are done in the cargo compartment, obviously the hitch is outside the compartment.

Where does the harness going to hitch pass out of the cargo compartment? The hole has to be big enough to pass the flat trailer plug....

Thanks!

philipa_240sx

Do what myself and every other one does:

Route the harness outside the hatch and carefully close the hatch. Yes, it will drape over the bumper. If you are concerned about scratching, buy the bumper protector. It's a genuine Nissan accessory available from any dealer. Cost is about $35.

kg5ie
Car: '08 Rogue

And should I go ahead and install the hydraulics and spinners at the same time?

I was looking for for a tad more porfessional install.

Modified by kg5ie at 2:13 PM 11/15/2008

philipa_240sx

Don't laugh. This is a very common method of using a trailer lighting harness.

Now, if you are looking for a professional install, here is my suggestion that does not involve drilling:

There is an air vent located underneath bumper cover on the drivers side (see inset image on lower right, it looks like 2 flaps). The vent is there to relieve the cabin of excess pressure (ie driving with the windows open, closing the door, etc). This is very close to where the harness plugs into. When you go to install your harness, you should be able to see this vent from the inside. Simply feed the harness through the vent, then reach underneath the bumper and grab the free end. You can then route it along the hitch and somehow secure it.

BTW, Nissan's hitch and trailer wiring for the Rogue gives you a slick mount for the 4 flat connector to the left of the hitch receiver. If you are handy, you could fab your own bracket that would do the same.

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Hey Phil...

Thanks for that! Great Tip!!!

Return to “Rogue Forum”