Problems with the FX in Europe

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Swiss Fan

We stay in Switzerland and have ordered a brand new FX couple of weeks ago.And if all would have gone well, we would have our new FX45 in our Garage... BUT....:( :( :(

Seems like some other Carcompanies realy are trying hard in order to keepthis wonderfull SUV of the Roads over here in Europe!

The Problem is that the FX comes with these Xenon Lights.And with those, the local Law requests a "automatic hight leveling controll system".

Has anyone had the same Problems here in Europe?

The Guy (Garage) who imported our FX into Switzerland has managed to fit asimilar System, out of a Nissan Primera. And this seems to work now.But the local Law is now asking him to show them a "White Paper" of howthis System works.

Its realy a Nightmare.

But anyway, we will hang in there...

Swiss Fan

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Swissfan:

Welcome to our club.

I always like it, when we get non US members.

autohaus becker in northern Germany often works on grey market cars, maybe they can help.

Fred...:)

Swiss Fan

Thanks for the fast Reply.

Have to check, but I heard that "Autohaus Becker" went Bankrupt...

PalmerWMD

That would surpirse me they were so large..

It ould explain their recent silence ,when i was gonna help them out get the service manuals for FX35/45 on CD rom.

Fred...

Swiss Fan

Just found this article about "Autohaus Becker" now:

"autohouse Becker" in the crisis

Insolvency requests posed

In the Duesseldorfer Nobel Autohaus Becker has from now on the insolvency manager a saying. The luxury autoimporter placed insolvency requests for two of his enterprises. For both companies a provisional insolvency procedure is open, said a speaker of the Duesseldorfer of district court on Wednesday (13.03.02).

The entrepreneur Helmut Becker employs 200 employees, who must tremble now around their jobs. Approximately 100 coworkers wait already now for pending salary payments.

Looks like they died!

Swiss Fan

I posted this message, because I wanted to show you all thatthe FX seems to "hurt" the other Car Companies like:Porsche (Cayenne)Volkswagen (Touareg)and even Nissan (Murrano)

Because those are the Companies that where informing the localOuthorithies, about this missing "automatic hight leveling controll system".

Fact is that there are already more then 30 FX running on the Swiss Roads. And up to now nobody bothered about this over here...

PalmerWMD

FX is a great vehicle I am sure this will be fixed.

I just emailed Mr Claus Becker ( Hamburg AutoHaus) with a link to this thread, hopefully they are still around and can assist.

Swiss Fan

Thanks for your Support.

I will keep you posted of how things progress on our Side...

Swiss Fan

PalmerWMD

Swissfan:

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Or are you French or Italian Swiss?

jthe

Hi,I'm also intersted on buying an FX 45 and I checked with several dealers in Switzerland. You should try to contact Affolter in Porrentruy (the official dealer of Lamborghini in Switzerland) he was the first to import the FX in Switzerland and sold already a lot of FX.

NISTECH

welcome to nico both of you. :DAnd hello from the US

Swiss Fan

PalmerWMD wrote:Swissfan:

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Or are you French or Italian Swiss?

Ich spreche Deutsch. Ich wohne in der naehe von Zurich.

Gruss

Swiss Fan

Swiss Fan

jthe wrote:Hi,I'm also intersted on buying an FX 45 and I checked with several dealers in Switzerland. You should try to contact Affolter in Porrentruy (the official dealer of Lamborghini in Switzerland) he was the first to import the FX in Switzerland and sold already a lot of FX.

As already mentioned, I have already ordered my FX45.I have been looking arround here in Switzerland and checkedseveral dealers. I ordered my FX at "Bloch Autotechnik", causehe offers free full service up to 100,000km and a 3 Year Garanty.

Appart from this, I am very happy with my choice, becausethis Guy realy is a technical Genius. He knows this Car in and out.He offers a Supercharger for the FX45 (420-460Hp)!!!Plus he managed to install the needet"automatic headlight hight leveling controll system" within a week.

Swiss Fan

jthe

Good, how much did you pay for it ? (I just want to know if it's possible to bargain with Bloch Autotechnic) With tech package ? If yes, does the navigation work ? I talk with Affolter and he said that he has a solution for the navigation to work in Europe.

Swiss Fan

jthe wrote:Good, how much did you pay for it ? (I just want to know if it's possible to bargain with Bloch Autotechnic) With tech package ? If yes, does the navigation work ? I talk with Affolter and he said that he has a solution for the navigation to work in Europe.

We pay sfr.98200 this includes:- FX45- Tech. Package- DVD (CodeFree) Done by Bloch- Navigation (European) Original Equipment reconfigured by Bloch- 100'000km free Services- 3 Year Garanty

Bloch is NOT open for any bargains. But he seems to be very serious.

PalmerWMD

Sounds like you pay a premium to drive a premium vehicle.I am also sure it is quite unique and attracts positive attention from the opposite sex?

I am glad to hear your headlight issue has been ironed out as well and am impressed by teh all inclusiveness of your package deal.

Fred..:)

NISTECH

what is the conversion for that..not up on my foriegn currency

PalmerWMD

Off the top of my head:

1 swissfranc (sfr) is a tad more than .5 ecu

1 ecu approx= 1.1+$.

All numbers approx and fluctuate.

So pretty comparable to what we pay here , plus a very reasonable premium, for being grey market.

Less than I expected, before I actually looked at the #'s, now that I think about it.

Swiss Fan

PalmerWMD wrote:Off the top of my head:

1 swissfranc (sfr) is a tad more than .5 ecu

1 ecu approx= 1.1+$.

All numbers approx and fluctuate.

So pretty comparable to what we pay here , plus a very reasonable premium, for being grey market.

Less than I expected, before I actually looked at the #'s, now that I think about it.

The Currency Exchange between the US Dollar and Swiss Frankis the following:

1 Sfr = 0.8 US$

So the Price of 98'200 Sfr is about 78'899 US$

Swiss Fan

PalmerWMD

Aha!

Sounds like currencies have moved a bit since I was there last.

I should ahve just looked it up, but it was late...

Still, its always well worth it to buy what you want.A FX45 is a bit cheaper here of course but you expect to pay a premium for grey market.Besides the FX45 tends to do well in comparison tests against even the most expesive competitors.

PalmerWMD

Off topic:

And the dollar has fallen vs the Euro as well 1.27USD/ euro.

Fred..:(

Swiss Fan

Is there anyone else who has had or still has the same Problemsregarding the Xenon (HID) Lights of the FX, here in Europe?

Swiss Fan

vg30dett

Hummmm, YESSsssssss.

we're VERY aware of the problem...

And of course, we DO have a solution (after a LOT of work).

A technical solution (that is, the levelling system WORKS), and it's APPROVED by our belowed :) swiss authorities, and we HAVE the white paper going with it.

If you need help, contact me through my e-mail.....French or English OK....I'm sorry, I don't speak German

Best

PS : vg30dettDriving Mom's Car

--> In your dreams.....my mother is NOT allowed to drive 400+Hp cars :D

Swiss Fan

vg30dett wrote:Hummmm, YESSsssssss.

we're VERY aware of the problem...

And of course, we DO have a solution (after a LOT of work).

A technical solution (that is, the levelling system WORKS), and it's APPROVED by our belowed :) swiss authorities, and we HAVE the white paper going with it.

If you need help, contact me through my e-mail.....French or English OK....I'm sorry, I don't speak German

Best

PS : vg30dettDriving Mom's Car

--> In your dreams.....my mother is NOT allowed to drive 400+Hp cars :D

Thanks for offering your help.But my FX is street legal now, here in Switzerland. (Incl.Xenon) ALL the requested Stuff is now operational and has passed all authorities tests... (incl. White Papers).

I was asking, because I'm sure that some others might still have this Issue not quite completed... (just offering my help..)

Swiss Fan

vg30dett

Swiss Fan wrote:Thanks for offering your help.But my FX is street legal now, here in Switzerland. (Incl.Xenon) ALL the requested Stuff is now operational and has passed all authorities tests... (incl. White Papers).

I was asking, because I'm sure that some others might still have this Issue not quite completed... (just offering my help..)

Swiss Fan
That's great, and no problem if someone has a problem with a Fx (or another Nissan), we're ready to help.

AFAIK, we were the first to import the FX in Europe for a very competitive price, we've got some experience with the cars, including how to make them "Swiss/European street legal", lots of parts (maintenance + performance like compressor/springs/shocks/tires etc etc etc), we've had the "Revue Automobile" (I guess it's Automobil Revue) come and test the FX in may 2003, as well as TF1 (French Television, "Auto Moto" broadcast), and M6 is scheduled (another French Television, "Turbo" broadcast).

You can have a look at the web site at http://www.jobindesign.com

As you can see there, the Fx is not the only known Nissan. 300Zx / 350Z / Sunny GTI-R are known as well, and it's planned to directly import from N.A. Nissan models that are not officially sold in Europe.

And you can always drop by if you're in the vincinity

Best

dutch boy
Car: anything with cars/techno music/cruising

Hi there, we have some FX s driving in holland now, and i hope there will be more in the future. Two dealers imported new Q45s with HID and had no problems with the papers sofar. I read something about the US spec. navigation that was retrofitted to the euro system and worked fine?????. i would really like to hear how to do this because the guys from xanavi europe say it is impossible....... and we have some customers with non functional systems here.....

Thanks in advance for your support!!!

Swiss Fan

dutch boy wrote:Hi there, we have some FX s driving in holland now, and i hope there will be more in the future. Two dealers imported new Q45s with HID and had no problems with the papers sofar. I read something about the US spec. navigation that was retrofitted to the euro system and worked fine?????. i would really like to hear how to do this because the guys from xanavi europe say it is impossible....... and we have some customers with non functional systems here.....

Thanks in advance for your support!!!

Well, I can only say, that the original Navigation System will work in the FX's.According to the Guy who does this here in Switzerland, he replaces the Software,plus some Circuitboards of the original System. I can imagine that someNissan Navigation Systems will be very similar to the one in the FX.....

Any way we love our Car :ylsuper

vg30dett

Navigation, in Europe, in an Fx, well, I can certainly tell you more.

First of all....I'm NOT importing these cars, I'm NOT reselling them...One of my friend does, and given my background in computers & electronics, asked me to help him.

It was a five month battle, but I (we) won in the end.

Short story, we DO have several solutions

Long storyThe car is an Fx35Initially we wanted to unlock the DVD.We first tried several European DVD disks into the FX Nav. No success, the system is NOT compatible (or locked).Then we sent E-mails to Europe, USA and Japan (all executives we could find), the general answer was that it was not possible to have a US-Nav working in Europe, because the US nav use a specific map format, and the european maps are NOT available (yet ?) in this format, and the format is proprietary...so :(

We saw dealers/importers telling that they had a working solution, and pretending to be clients, we called them, only to discover that most if not all the dealers claiming to have something working simply do NOT. I'm not msure how to call them, but the word LIARS seems to be appropriate.

Then we tried to browse, dig, and peek the internet...finally we found WERE it was possible to by the car's technical information.I as well got some information from this very forum.

Then unfortunately we were told that Panasonic Units were compatible with the stock navigation and front display....after countless hours kneeling by the passenger's side of the Fx,soldering / unsoldering / checking the nav's harness, I can assure you that the Panasonic units are indeed compatible with the Fx....for UP TO FIVE SECONDS, then the screen synchronisation would be lost....and Panasonic european support sucks (to say the least, helping customers and customer satisfaction is a concept they probably NEVER hear about).

Then it was debug time, trying to understand the root of the problen.Initially, I used an analog multimeter....then a digital one....but this was not enough....so finally I used a handheld digital oscilloscope and a protocol analyser (and it was supposed to be easy.....:roll_eyes:)....well, here're the findings.

Many things are multiplexed in the car, including the dialog between the stock nav and the front display.

Finding number one : If you want the car to display any nav, the STOCK navigation MUST stay in the car, and wired in a way it's telling to the front display that it's here. Otherwise the front display would NOT display anything.

Finding number 2 : Nissan / Infinity used a NON STANDARD synchro signal for the front display (synchro on green instead of chrominance), meaning that MOST navigations will NOT work with the front display, unless they're modified, or the signal is translated.

We found some aftermarket nav unit that ARE compatible.We found as well an electronic translator that allows to connect almost everything to the front display (provided the signals are in NTSC, if they're in PAL....won't work).

So.

It's possible to connect a specific navigation, we even have a special sub-harness (for the video), and it's quite simple to install.

Alternatively, it's possible to connect many navigations (but please not that I NEVER said ALL navs), but then there's some wire cutting / splitting (about 10)

If you happen to speak french, send me a private message and I'll return you my friend's phone number, and he'll be able to tell you the whole story, and what's available.

If you don't, then send me a private message, and I'll play the translator.

Best regards

Zee you

Return to “Murano Forum”