problems with gas gauge

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I am still having problems with my digital gas gauge on my 09 Rogue. I had it replaced twice already. I filled the tank the other day and drove on the highway for 157kms before the gauge went down 1 block. I filled it again at that point and it was down to almost half a tank. I wonder if I should get it replaced again before my warranty runs out or will I still have the same problem?

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

I would definitely have it replaced again under warranty, but indicate to the dealer that this is a re-occuring problem and that you want something more done than to have the broken part replaced with another broken part. Have you checked around the forum to see if others are having this same problem?

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I agree with float, this is a known problem on 08-09 Rogue's with a current TSB (service bulletin), so there should be no issue moving forward with a fix under warranty even if it needs to be done several times. Definitely let them know this is a recurring problem and hopefull they can trace the root of the issue to another contributing factor and give a good long term fix. I had my fuel sensor replaced for similar reasons in 2008 with a new part number presumably with a new design or better quality and I have had no troubles since. Good luck.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

The digital gauge is pretty much crap. Even though my rogue is under warranty, I never had mine fixed. I just deal with the occasional missing bar. I fear the fix would cause more problems than it's worth as evident from people having to get theirs fix more than once.

Ouch. :facepalm:
Last edited by casperfun on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ncsu
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I had the problem. I fought with Nissan for nearly a year before they would attempt the 3rd repair. That came after several dozen calls and the final - "lawyer" comment got attention. I got them to extend my electrical warranty to 100k miles to cover what I feel will be a lingering issue. The 3rd fix got it better, but it still not not correct.

Call Nissan and push the subject. They will work with the dealer and try to get it fixed.

Jostudly

Well I would like to get it fixed but do not want it to get worse either. Maybe I will wait to I am sure their is a fix before I attempt again.

sethareno
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

This may be off topic, but my 2011 Rogue has a 0 instead of E and 1 instead of F on the fuel gage. Anyone else's like that?

Tech101
Car: 2006 Nissan X-trail

Just was reading on this and thought I would comment. Nissan has issues with almost all of there new fuel level sending units. They have since 07. You can get the part replaced but the fact is it is a bad design that is causing the problem. The resistance (measurement) part of the sensor, has accuracy issues. It is worst on the AWD vehicles as well.

ncsu
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Tech101 wrote: It is worst on the AWD vehicles as well.

I can attest to that!

TrevorK
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

sethareno wrote:This may be off topic, but my 2011 Rogue has a 0 instead of E and 1 instead of F on the fuel gage. Anyone else's like that?
Yes, my 2011 has the same thing (0 and 1)

Cypress_1973
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Premium

I had/have the same issue with my '09 Rogue. Had the sending unit replaced twice. Each time worked fine for a few months and then back to the missing digit after fill up. Car is out of warranty now, so I just learned to live with it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Jostudly

Well I brought my Rogue down to the dealer and they said there is a new fuel sending unit that came out. They said in order to put it in they need to remove the rear seat which I thought was odd. Also they said my rear strut bearings are no good. I still have my 3 warranty till March so they are going to replace these parts at no cost. Hopefully everything will be okay when its done.

philipa_240sx

Jostudly wrote:Well I brought my Rogue down to the dealer and they said there is a new fuel sending unit that came out. They said in order to put it in they need to remove the rear seat which I thought was odd.
There is an access panel under the rear seat cushion that allows access the fuel sending unit from above. This avoids having to drop the entire fuel tank.
The rear seat cushion simply pops off... it's a 15 second operation.
Also they said my rear strut bearings are no good. I still have my 3 warranty till March so they are going to replace these parts at no cost. Hopefully everything will be okay when its done.
That's wierd, the Rogue does NOT have rear strut bearings! It doesn't even have rear struts! It has a shock absorber/damper with rubber bushings at each end and a separately located spring (between the lower control arm and suspension subframe).

The front suspension on the other hand has as strut bearing. It's purpose is to allow the strut (spring & damper assembly) to rotate as the front wheels are turned.

I would seriously ask them to show you exactly which parts they are replacing.

Jostudly

It is a new girl at the front desk so maybe she meant the front strut bearings not the rear. I will check and see on Tues when I bring it in. Has anyone here had the new fuel sending unit replaced and had any issues? I just hope it is worth getting it done so I know roughly how much fuel I have.

Jostudly

Well I just got my fuel sending unit replaced for the 2nd time with a new part# 25060JM01D. Hopefully it is fixed now. I will post an update with the results.

Return to “Rogue Forum”