Problems with Clearcoat

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
slmaken
Car: 2009 nissan rogue sl wicked black

Anyone having problems with the clearcoat scuffing and scratching easy. I have Black and it shows every scratch in direct light but I am sure that we all have the same clearcoat no matter the color of the basecoat.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Any idea where your scratches come from? Do you take your car to an automatic car wash a lot? If so, you are going to see the scuffs on the paint...true for almost any color. However, since you have a black car, it just shows more - it's the nature of the beast.

slmaken
Car: 2009 nissan rogue sl wicked black

Hey How is it going today? I am a Chemical Engineer and I myself developed coatings for wood, metal, glass and plastics for a number of coating companies. My Rogue has under 1000 miles and I had not taken it to a car wash and if I must it has to be totally brushless. I washed the car myself with microfiber towels and dried with 100% cotton towels. I waxed the car with Meguire Gold and then I was able to see the surface scratches and scuffs and yes I used microfiber towels.I tried the new Eagle One Nano wax and it helped alot. The scratches do not show up in direct sunlight, only in surface light as in my gararge that has floresent lighting. I feel the scratches were put into the surface when they were cleaning the car at the dealer.

Nissan Newbie

I just got my 2008 Rogue before Christmas. Black,SL,Leather. The day I brought it home, I noticed there were swirl marks all over it and two stand out scratches. The dealership had the body shop take two scratches out and when I picked my Rogue up a week later, the scratches were gone, but two more new ones were on the hood. I think that may have happened when the dealership washed it for me. I had a black Buick Lacrosse previously, and it seems the paint was tougher. I am going to try to find something to get the swirl marks out, but I'll take suggestions on the new scratches. I can't keep putting it in the body shop.

Return to “Rogue Forum”