problem with stock radio (HELP)

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Spie
Car: 2004 twighlight blue G 35 coupe

I have the stock 6 disc in dash cd, and yesterday i was driving and it stopped playing the cd. So I pressed a number for a different cd that was already loaded and the same thing happened. The screen was saying for me to CHECK DISC.Keep in mind all these cd's I'm trying are not sracthed and were working fine. Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and or knows what i can do to fix it thans

infinititech1

the factory cd players suck...hope its still under warranty cause if its not those audio units are somewhere near 3g's. i suggest going after market if you are out of warranty

Spie

I'm not sure what you mean by after market. ( Another Bose CD deck or some other brand?) Also I just called the dealership and the girl on the phone transferred to a voice mail so I left a message. I have not heard anything from them yet. Also not sure if it is under warranty. When you say 3k for a new one Is that what it would for someother audio place to install one or just the dealer's price? Either way thanks.

infinititech1

i believe warranty for that is 3yr/60k. if you are out of warranty and want a new factory replacement they are like 3k or something around that area.

Spie

My car is an 04 with 35000 mi on it so i should be alright then. I will find out on monday when I call them. Thanks.

infinititech1

yeah...its warranty

Spie

I talked to the dealer and everything is cool. they are going to order a new radio and yes it was covered under warranty. Thanks for your help.

infinititech1

no problem

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”